-Patch Notes- Archival (v278.73 & Below)
Latest ARK Steam Patch Notes are found here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/2650805184970497919/
Upcoming Version: 279, "TLC Phase 2", March 21st 2018
- 6 Dinos Updated/Refactored/Reworked
* Fixed bug that prevented tribe renaming
* Separated C4 into their own structure limit category with a limit of 150 per 50m
* Plugged various holes used to undermesh in The Center, The Island, and Aberration (server side only for now)
* Plant Z healing effectiveness reduced to 0.5% HP per second for players and 0.33% HP per second for Dinos (with a cap of 80)
* Fixed Therizino and Moschops cloning exploit
- Remove unsupported dinos from Official Aberration servers
- Prevents crossark transfers of "foreign" dino eggs (if prevented by server config) going forward
- Disabled placement of structures when recently stuck in geometry (addresses known undermesh exploits)
- Fix climbing off of a ladder into geometry (including barriers) temporarily (addresses known undermesh exploits)
- Prevented closing glider for a brief period after opening (prevents accidental closure when spamming to open)
- Lower glider cooldown to 3s
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get through the map/mesh
- Fixed issue where a second instance of certain boss fights could be started while someone was already inside
- Reworked extinction mode save nuking to kill subfolders as well
- Increased plantx projectile damage by 2.5x
- Projectiles do 3x damage to durability of chest pieces while a glider is attached
- Added logic to translate damage from player to their glider
- Set a 10s cooldown between glides
- Lowered glide speed by 40%
- Concluded the Valentine's Day event!
- Server-side update for Valentine's Day event content (Randomly Colored Dinos & Chocolate Cake "eggs"), optionally run with -vday if you want to use the 3x Mating/Maturation boosts
- Increased the Procop's weight properly as mention in the TLC patch notes.
- Fixed an issue with misaligned Direwolf sniff animation.
- Fixed the Rex's missing color region.
- Fixed an issue where the Mini Map Marker wouldn't display correctly in certain areas of the game.
- Slightly decreased Rex's ability to climb slopes.
- Fixed an issue where the Aberrant Direbear and Aberrant Bigfoot couldn't be transferred off of Aberration.
- Fixed an issue where the Argent was missing its flying animation when using some mods.
- Fixed an issue where the Karkinos couldn't jump underwater.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when loading mods in single player.
- Fixed an issue where armor would stack on the client side when using folders.
- Fixed an issue where the Procop was not able to pick up flyers in its pouch.
- Fixed an issue where the Procop's pouch would not stay open over server restart/relog in single player.
Server upgrade required! We strongly recommend all servers upgrade to at least 278.1 to avoid client disconnects!
- Fixed issue where Gigantopithecus were not loading their stats values from previous savegames. Server upgrade required!
- Grinding Tek structures no longer yields Element Shards
- Revamped Dinos: Procoptodon, Gigantopithecus, Direbear, Direwolf, T-Rex, and many new features and fixes, with full patch note details here:
- New configuration values:
GameUserSettings.ini (or ? launch param):
Requires server update.
- Fixed Dino-attached C4 to not apply damage if it explodes through a mesh.
- Fixed Tuso to not be able to damage through world geometry.
- Fixed Zipline-Crossbow shot not working properly on dedicated servers.
- Fixed another CrossARK character transfer issue. Requires server update.
- Fixed disconnect issue on Ragnarok. Requires server update.
- Fixed a character transfer issue. Requires server update.
Requires server update.
- Fixed an issue where foliage might not be synced properly when teleporting between large bases.
- Limited single chat length to 256 characters.
- Fixed characters being lost during Ascension.
- Fixed (we think) characters potentially being lost during Cross-ARK transfer
- Fixed Aberration Power Nodes not recharging properly.
- Fixed a weapon exploit.
- Fixed a collision exploit.
- Fixed a client rendering crash associated with certain mod maps
- Fixed an under-meshing exploit. Requires server update.
- Fixed CrossArk transferring issue. Requires server update.
- Aberration: Fixed issue with Powernodes not recharging when stasised. Requires server update.
- Fixed issue with Queen Bee. Requires server update.
- Made Glowsticks not grindable
- Fixed an animation-related server crash
- Made TheIsland Ascension properly give its Ascension Implant/Levels again
- Aberration: Fixed Battery recharging rate inaccuracy on Power Nodes
- Aberration: Surface Hyper Power Nodes now recharge 2x speed (for 2x Element Crafting rate)
- Aberration: Crafting an Element now gives you THREE Element items
- Aberration: Endboss projectiles now target invisible rockdrakes
- Aberration: Camera Shake slider now scales down the earthquake shakes (except when rock-climbing where it's critical to avoid falling!)
- Aberration: Fixed various server-side map holes
- Fixed several cases where you could get through the world geometry
- Massively improved Tamed Reaper stats
- Fixed Aberration Kibble craftings
- Aberrant Baryonyx now yields correct Aberrant egg
- Ragnarok: Fixed over-spawner issue and trigger issues
- One-time Wild Dino respawn
- 5% chance of Xmas colored creatures
- 50% chance of white-colored Dire Bears
- All hat-wearing wild dinos are wearing Santa hats
- 12am thru 5am provides temporary buff to live connected players which boosts loot crate quality by 40% (over base values, 15% over LioMagic values), drops more loot, and adds more cosmetics to loot crate drops
- Fixed issue with dungeon-buttons not working on Ragnarok. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed Landscape collision issue on Ragnarok. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed several Dino collision issues. Requires Server Update.
- Updated Ragnarok with several over-spawn and level-of-detail fixes. Requires Server Update.
- Added Ragnarok 99%-complete expansion
- Aberrant Megalosaurus now properly lay Aberrant eggs
- Fixed Zipline collision issue. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed server crash with inventories.
- Fixed Rock Drake aerial pounce on Aberration
- Fixed Rock Drake losing forward-momentum when jumping off ground
- Chain-Bola'ed Rockdrakes can no longer move while climbing and Bola'ed
- Fixed Ravager getting stuck when dismounting/remounting on zipline
- Fixed inability to activate weapon attachments ('N' key)
- Fixed Grappling players into Tek Shield (detaches Grapple)
- Fixed kiting Nameless into Fertile areas of Aberration (they'll now leave when they go underground in such areas)
- Reduced rate of battery depletion in structures by 33%
- Rollrats now have 20% weight from Wood, but 100% weight from Stone, as intended
- Aquatic Mushrooms reduce Biolum Poison debuff by 5 seconds per consumption, rather than 1
- Fixed issue with cavewolf being offset above zipline when reconnecting to server
- Made Wild Plant Species Z only heal, not replenish vitals, and only if not recently damaged, not handcuffed, and not a baby dino. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed climbing Rock Drake not being able to damage targets. Requires Server Update.
- Updated localizations to include Aberration. Added new localization: Ukranian
- Fixed Mac/Linux water flickering
- Fixed Metal Cliff platform using Stone structure damage settings. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed Cliff Platforms having 12h decay time -- now is 12d for Stone and 16d for Metal. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed Zipline crash. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed another issue with Mod Class replacements when loading savegames (for Classic Flyers to replace regular Flyers' Inventories, etc). Requires Server Update.
- Fixed Megalania not dropping their toxin
- Fixed a issue which prevented some creatures from receiving 100% imprint with the new 8 hour timer
- Bear traps now take 12 seconds (large) and 10 seconds (small) to activate
- Fixed multiple building cases where structures would not be placed (i.e cables and wires)
- Fixed a bug which would cause the Giga to rage eaiser than desired.
- Fixed a bug which would allow you to get under the map
- Reduced the Griffin's base HP by 30%
- Reduced the Griffin's HP gained per level (wild) by 25%
- Reduced the Griffin's HP gained per level (tamed) by 22%
- Reduce the Griffin's Base stamina by 10%
- Reduced the Griffin's diving swipe damage by 50%
- Reduced the Griffin's dive bomb damage by 25%
- Doubled the number of supply ceates per zone and made them last twice as long
- Fixed a case where the Glide suit would cause you to float up against gravity
- Fixed a case where Charge Batteries would not correctly drain in electrical structures
- Fixed an unintended Gem Hierarchy, which would've allowed different colour gems to be used in place of others for crafting
- Fixed a case where the camera view would flip when using climbing picks
- Prevented fertilized eggs from being transferred on servers not using the allow foreign dino setting
- TEK Bed no longer clears the Reaper Offspring buff
- Fixed a bug which would cause Supply Crates to drop Plant Species Z Seed blueprints
- Molerat saddle no longer looses durability when hitting foliage, and reduced it's over-time durability loss whilst rolling by 50%
- Fixed multiple cases of invisibility for the Rock Drake and Basilisk
- Fixed a case where a character would be stuck in the floating state when uploading dinos
- Fixed multiple cases where Ravagers could get through the map
- Fixed rugs not being freeform painted, or painted when placed on foundations.
- Fixed a bug which allowed climbing dinos to move when encumbered
- Removed the wood decal from Plant Z
- Reaper Queen now has a particle indicator when ready to choose a host for its offspring (below the health threshhold)
- Fixed a case when climbing with the Rock Drake would rotate your vision
- Wild Plant Species Z now heals and revitalizes players and their dinos when active (when nearby), and reduced its interval to generate Seeds
- Flying fast with glider should now be less rubber-bandy
- Fixed graphical issue when running with -norhithread (stability mode for certain graphics cards configurations)
- Fixed crash when taking Super Resolution screenshots with Ansel
- Fix for Sarcos spawning in noob pool
- Wild non-alpha Reaper Kings no longer grant XP
- Platform switch collision is improved to allow you to easily directly climb onto it with an ladder attached to the elevator track
- Wood elevator platform weight limit increased
- Wood elevator can now be lifted while it's falling to stop it, and (once client update it posted) you can now repeatedly click the lift command without having to re-open the action wheel
- Remaining fix for Mod Class replacements
- Postprocessing Error fix
- Players who are getting D3D Device Lost Error should try running with "-norhithread" in launch arguments. If that resolves the problem, we'll be able to implement an automatic fix in next update.
- Fixed Radiation sound playing even when you had Hazard Suit on
- Aberration Dinos can now be properly downloaded on ARKs other than Aberration. Requires Server Update.
275.31 Requires Server Update.
- Fixed Linux client crash
- Fixed server language crash
- Fixed Mod class replacement priority (Dino replacements etc)
- Reduced Cavewolf damage by approximately 40%
- Increased Wild Basilisk HP by 50%
- Increased Wild Reaper King Damages by 300%
- Made Aqua Shroom properly restore Water stat
- Added Nameless to certain areas of Biolum Chamber where they were missing
- Removed Piranhas from starting-area pool
- Fixed case where Aberration Endboss sometimes wouldn't appear on clients, also fixed similar issue with Ragnarok Endbosses.
- Added Basilisk saddle to Smithy-type crafting stations where it was meant to be. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed some Lantern Pet inventories mistakenly being flagged as Tribute Inventories. Requires Server Update.
- Exported & Included latest Localization Manifest files on client, for translation
- Made Distance Field Ambient Occlusion setting not affect the lighting of Aberration (which doesn't use the technique)
- Fixed a client-side crash issue with certain mods such as Structures+, and other renderer edge cases
- Aberration Release!
- Parallel (multi-threaded) renderer for faster SM5 graphics
ShooterGameMode (modifies corpse AND dropped box lifespan)
- ShooterGameMode: (multiplier, default 4)
- Fixed water rendering on Mac & Linux
- Heavy Turret & Tek Turret rebalance
- Heavy Turrets now have corrected Repair costs (and generally, Repair Cost overrides now work for Structures)
- Repairing a Structure now leaves the "Repairing" state properly as a client
- On Turret-limited Servers, HeavyTurrets now are only hard-limited to 100 Heavies in range, to enable players to more easily replace/swap their old Turrets with Heavies. They will notify on the HUD of more than 100 overall Turrets in range, in preparation for the day when ALL Turrets will be limited to 100 in range.
- Added "Heavy Turret", which packs approximately 4 times the power of a regular Turret and has faster tracking, but uses 4 Ammo per shot.
On Official Servers, in preparation for ultimately limiting all Turrets to 100 within a 10,000 unit range, only 100 Heavy Turrets can be placed in a 10000 unit range, including ALL Auto Turrets & Plant Turrets within that range. If you wish to enable this Heavy Turret limit on your own unofficial Server, you can use these values in the ShooterGameMode section of your Game.ini:
(Later on, those values will also hard-limit regular Auto Turrets and Plant Turrets)
- Doubled Tek Turret Damage
- Implemented more parallel rendering code, boosting client CPU render performance by ~10%
- Fixed a key performance issue with PhysX. Recommended Server Update!
- Fixed an issue with placing structures in Structures+ and other Mods. Requires Server Updated.
- Implemented Turret Counter on HUD in preparation for Turret Count Limiting (clamping how many Turrets can be built in an area on servers, to dramatically improve server performance). You can enable the Turret Counter HUD on your own Unofficial by changing this config property (just a HUD indicator for now, later this property will actually hard-limit the number of Turrets):
You can read more about the upcoming Turret Limit change here:
- Fixed INI Supply Crate Overrides working again. Also improved the system for this: Now with SupplyCrateClassString you can override a group of supply crates by including only PART of the name (rather than the full name), and any supply crates which contain that string in part of their name will be overriden. Such as overriding "SupplyCrate" will override ALL supply crates. Furthermore, you can now set bAppendItemSets=true to ADD item sets to supply crates, rather than totally overriding all their items. And you can set bAppendPreventIncreasingMinMaxItemSets=true to dynamically increase the amount of items dropped by however many additional itemsets you add ( only applies when bAppendItemSets=true ).
- Fixed an issue where pain volumes could cause infinite forces on ragdolls and lead to serious PhysX issues (overly expensive collision, lack of collision, etc). Requires server update, recommended update!.
- Fixed downloading Dinos beyond a Tribe or Player's personal Tame Limit, and fixed an issue where you couldn't download Dinos on PvE servers.
- Fixed a collision issue with chairs. Requires server update.
- Protected against an issue with Recipe Crafting and applied retroactive detection. Requires server update.
Unversioned Hotfix: changed Plant Species Y collisions to properly receive projectile impacts.
- Changed Tek Teleporter "public mode" toggle to only be available for Tribe Admins.
- Fixed issue in prior build where players could see and fast-travel into other Tribe's beds. Requires server update, Recommend servers upgrade to this version
- New server options to auto-unlock specific or all Engrams (all Engrams will also use the Engram level Override settings, if any):
- Tek Teleporters now have an "Enable Public Teleportation" toggle option, which allows any team to teleport with them. Only "public" Teleporters will see other "public" Teleporters on the minimap (as well as any non-public Teleporters of that player's Team).
- Fixed Character-destruction Inventory Bags to drop at the character's location if can't find ground underneath, so that loot items aren't lost
- Fixed Plant Species Y to passively lose HP over 30 mins (as originally intended), made them and all traps not placeable within small range of another trap (as originally intended), made Species Y trap apply piercing damage to victim
- Changed Structure encroachment check logic to do a solid trace between encroachment points, prevents getting Sleeping Bags wedged in places they shouldn't fit
- Daedon no longer heals Titanosaur
- Fixed a way to get unconscious players under-the-ground
- Fixed invisible grapple wall on TheCenter
v273.5 (server only)
Halloween Event: The Witches Curse! (48-hrs only, until November 1st)
- Black and orange spiders now spawn on the beaches
- Megalania, Titanoboa, Scorpions, Megalosaurus, Onyc, Arthropluera, and Spiders spawn points changed to various surface points around the map. The creepy crawlies are out to spook!
- Skins can now randomly spawn in level 3 supply drops.
- Quality of drops increased.
- Colder, longer nights and shorter days, brrr!
- Unofficals can enable the event by updating to the “-beta halloween” branch and the following ini settings:
a NEW Game.ini ShooterGameMode setting (which makes it colder):
BaseTemperatureMultiplier = 0.475
and running once with:
- Fixed a case where clients would desync when picking up a player or a dino
- Fixed a case where the number of items inside storage would not correctly display/update
- Optimized spatial partition logic for large-worlds (i.e. Ragnarok) to boost server performance.
- Can no longer attach floating structures when on a flying dino platform.
- Dropping Inventory-deposit structures onto platform saddles now counts them against platform-tame limit.
- Fixed some cases of Turrets not properly shooting players.
- Fixed some cases where Beds were causing collision glitches.
- Can no longer place Beds onto Pillars, was causing issues.
- When a player is chained to a Seating Structure, fixed removing handcuffs through Inventory to properly unseat the player.
- Added the capability to "Lay On" Simple Bed and Modern Bed (2 people on Modern Bed). If you log out while laying on bed, you'll remain in sleeping pose on the bed even when you log-out, and will stay on the bed even while it moves on a dynamic platform. (You can still be damaged and killed when on the bed).
- Added the capability for another player to "Lock" handcuffed players to Seating Structures (including Chairs, Benches, Beds, etc). When locked to a structure, the handcuffed player will appear to have a cable connecting them to the structure, and be forced to sit on the structure. This state persists across logging out as well. Another player can also "Unlock" you from the Structure, or remove the handcuffs. Chairs within Cages are thus very useful for transportation of prisoners.
- When handcuffed, Poop now is forced directly into Slot 1. Prisoners can consume it rapidly as it builds up to attempt suicide.
- Fixed saving/loading of Lamp Post Light intensity value.
- Fixed crash with optimized GroundClutter and reimplemented it. Resulting 2-3MS speed-up in GroundClutter rendering.
- Optimized Ground Clutter rendering, saving significant CPU and GPU performance
- Re-added HDR support in Options Menu (Fullscreen Exclusive mode only, and requires native resolution for many TV's)
- Added 2 additional Aberration Cosmetics to Season Pass: Bulbdog Mask and Reaper Helmet
- Made Ragnarok Bosses grant Tek Sword & Tek Shield & Tek Light once again, as well as having the Boss Arena last 40 minutes rather than 20.
- Fixed an issue where old Ragnarok Landscape sublevel randomly wasn't getting properly deleted when updating the build on some servers & clients.
- Fixed a server crash that some hosts were getting after uninstalling certain mods.
- Re-Added "My Survivors" menu option
- Temporarily removed HDR option, was causing some graphics issues at the moment.
- Big Ragnarok update: 20% more map area, various changes and fixes, full Ragnarok notes here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/260921-ragnarok-sw-desert-update-1011/
- Added HDR Graphics Option (Experimental, Fullscreen Mode only, NVIDIA only, may only work up to 1080p on certain drivers)
- Fixed Server List refreshing when adding/removing Favorites
- Fixed Doed Level Up Animation
- Fixed Plant Turrets vs Proning Players
- Fixed Griffon Backwards-Fly-Run
- Fixed impact decals that were not rendering.
- Fixed a method that was being used to push characters underneath the ground (Requires Server Update.)
- Fixed Fertilizer getting durability reset when using Deposit Action (Requires Server Update.)
- Increased Ragnarok Boss Arena max time to 40 minutes (Requires Server Update.)
- Fixed a server loading crash that some mod-users were seeing (Requires Server Update.)
- Fixed remote keypads not working properly on certain legacy servers.
- Defaulted dedicated server ?bRawSockets mode to not use threaded networking, seemed to generally be a net performance loss in our analysis. Can still be forcefully enabled with -forcenetthreading
- Fixed an spawn issue with Ragnarok Golems
- Changed TekLight structure settings to use "Tek Tier" properties (damage resistances)
- Further improved performance of ?bRawSockets servers by eliminating threading "critical sections"
- Added -nonetthreading option for bRawSockets servers to only utilize a single thread for networking (useful to improve performance for machines with more servers than cpu cores, especially on Linux)
- Baby Bone Scalings & Gestation Setups now stack from Mods, and Dino Entry Icon now stack from Mods.
- Fixed client side dino initialization crash.
- Fixed with issue with local events on client.
- Game.ini [ShooterGameMode] bUseTameLimitForStructuresOnly config option, which if true will make Tame Units only be applied and used for Platforms with Structures and Rafts. Defaults false. Tame Units on Non-Legacy Official PvP now have this true (thus in effect disabling Tame Units for Dinos without Platform Structures).
- ?bRawSockets server option now has correct performance (server stalls eliminated), as good or better than Steam sockets
- Fixed some boss exploits.
- Client: Fixed Tek Armor clipping into view when using Tek Sword
- Client: RMB should no longer activate the "charge" attack of the Tek Sword & Gloves when cancelling structure placement
- Client: In the Inventory Menu, Shift+HotkeySlotBinding while hovering over an item will equip it into that HotKey Slot #. Control+HotKeySlotBinding will remove the item from the corresponding HotKey Slot (putting it back into your regular Inventory).
- New Weapon: Tek Sword (Charge-Attack and damages Metal & significantly pierces Armor when powered by Element)
- New Armor: Tek Shield (Reflects incoming projectiles/bullets when powered by Element)
- New Structure: Tek Light (Attaches to any surface and can be either independently powered by Element Shards in its Inventory, or traditionally powered via generators)
- TrueSky memory usage fix
- Fixed issue where clients would sometimes become disconnected after demolishing/destroying structures
- Fixed a bug where in the event of a rollback, players who recently used the CrossARK transfer system could lose their characters.
- Fixed the bear trap to avoid turret exploit. Bear traps only damageable by explosion now (or demolishing)
- Reduced Flamethrower Damage from base 100 per second to 30 per second.
- Flamethrower Direct Damage is now affected by Armour.
- Flamethrower expensive foliage particle effects now eliminated for everyone except the local player using the weapon
- Chainsaw not able to attack whilst running
- Tripled the effective "ammo" of TEK armours, so they last 3x as long per element
- Shield blocks should block whip stuns/item drops (and trigger the cooldown), and whip stun on players reduced to 1 second.
- Implemented a new value to reduce indirect torpor (Gas grenades, tranq).
- Chitin, Metal, Riot, and TEK Armours now reduce incoming torpor.
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.07 (Was 0)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.035 (Was 0)
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.15 (Was 0)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.06 (Was 0)
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.25 (Was 0.25)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.12 (Was 0)
Tek (remember there are no Tek qualities):
Direct Torpor Armor Mult: 0.7 (Was 0)
Indirect Torpor Armor Mult: 0.7 (Was 0)
- Client-side update to fix "Direct3D Device Lost" errors.
- Fixed a bug with the Phoenix where you could set dinos alight from a far distance
- Fixed a bug with the Phoenix where it wouldn't do damage to wild targets in PVE
- Fixed a bug where you could unlock super speed with the TEK Jet Pack
- Fixed a bug where setting the server fps to 2.5 would launch you across the map
- Fixed a bug preventing players riding a Therizino from getting shot when Turrets were set to Player Only
- Fixed an issue where you weren't able to name your character preset in character creation
- Fixed an issue where Ankylosaurus would get stuck in the air
- Major networking change to resolve client disconnections when structures are destroyed.
- Fixed a bug where you could tame and damage Phoenix when not in Superheat.
- Fixed crashes with optimized scrollbox code (i.e. with Structures+ mod), and improved performance of UI text rendering.
- Increased Phoenix weight-carrying capacity by +200%, made Sulfur add +200% more food to Phoenix, reduced Phoenix Food consumption rates by 60%, increased Phoenix fire DoT by +200%
- Made Phoenix Flame-Charge ability use dynamic key binding (so will work if Jump key is bound to something other than 'Spacebar'), and work with gamepad input
- Increased client-side UI performance of large scrollable lists (inventory item lists, engram list, server list, etc).
- Made Phoenix 3x more common to find on Scorched Earth. Requires Server Update.
- Increased Phoenix base HP by 40%. [i[Requires Server Update.[/i]
- New Creature: Phoenix!
- Fixed some UI text display/alignment issues
- Client-side CPU performance increase
- Added server-side support for "Aberration" Season Pass cosmetics. Requires Server Restart.
- Enabled player Gamma control on Official PvP servers
- Options Menu Added keybindings (default unassigned) to player Gamma1 (low) and Gamma2 (high) settings, and textboxes to specify custom Gamma values for each.
- Ice Wyvern is now properly transferrable in Cross-ARK
- Fixed issue with not being able to Cross-ARK transfer between Password-Protected Unofficial Servers
- Fixed various client crashes.
- Fixed server browser "Join" button changing into non-functional "Wait" button
- Disabled expensive "Distance Field Ambient Occlusion" effect by default, even on Epic settings. Users can re-enable it manually in the Options if they wish for highest quality graphics, at a performance cost.
- Fixed Cluster Session List UI incorrectly applying search filters
- New Creature: The Otter!
- Endboss and Ascension.
- Ice Wyvern remodel and they're now uploadable.
- Official Anti-Duping systems.
- Ragnarok Hotfixes
- Implemented initial upload timer for dupe prevention
- Created blocking volumes for key areas in PvE servers (not enabled on Legacy Servers)
- Rafts can be demolishable across all servers after a period of time.
- Implemented new Host UI
- Marked designated servers as Legacy, check the Legacy filter if you cannot find your Official PC Server.
- Resolved 2 server crashes related to structure placement
- Turrets can now shoot through ragdolls you are dragging
- Fixed a rare issue where local profiles would sometimes corrupt
- Primitive+ now has its own save directory
- Made Preserving Bins able to take all receive all items again (necessary for Jerky making and various mods).
- Placing rafts now requires standing on solid ground (no dynamic structures either)
- Fixed: as client While using tek leggings, attempting to super sprint and running out of element (or having none) causes camera to be stuck facing forward.
- Fixed an issue where on client PC dragging directly onto the empty area within a folder would actually not put the item into that folder on the server (leading to a de-sync, when you'd re-enter the inventory you'd see the items at the root)
- Dragging DIRECTLY onto Inventory Folders , local and remote, now puts the items into those folders (the exception is the 'up level' icon, doesn't do anything)
- Transfer All To and From Inventories, in the root folder level, will now ignore items in subfolders of the inventory you're transfering out of.
- Fixed: Pressing R1 to cycle snap points while mounted, caused camera to cycle through 1st and 3rd person view.
- Fixed behavior of Text Input pop-up when using gamepad
- Fixed: When creating a folder, it didn't show it unless you reopen the inventory, or press folder-toggle button.
- Altered tamed Griffin fly speed when near targets to better attack them
- Fixed a sideways platform building bug
- Respawn / Fast Travel UI now has a bed search textbox
- Fixed ScorchedEarth rocks having incorrect destruction mesh material
- Fixed some third person camera interpolation jitters
- Ragnarok map fixes: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/233157-ragnarok-patch-notes/ - Please note that this update is not backwards compatible, so it is very important that Unofficial Servers update to the latest version: 265.3
- Fixed "Setting the UI General scale to the lowest makes it so you cannot drag items down into some hotkey bars."
- Fixed "cant use escape or enter to close naming box after taming"
- Added a ramp snap point on the inside of giant hatchframes
- Dye UI: Double Clicking (also double pressing (A) button) on a color region now dyes it
- Lowered dino HUD popup when looking at a titanoboa
- Fixed area of TheCenter 'Lava Island' with improperly functioning dino spawns on servers
- Ragnarok map fixes: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/233157-ragnarok-patch-notes/
- Fixed dinos appearing to fall through ceilings on the client. It may take a minute or so for the server to correct the creatures.
- Fixed buffer overflow error occurring when logging into very dense bases.
- Fixed certain values being edited that allowed unintended visual changes to be made to the ini files.
- Review and changes made to graphical presets.
- Fixed an issue where players would fall through ceilings when logged out on top of them.
- Fixed issue where binding "E" to middle mouse button wouldn't function properly.
- Fixed eggs falling through structures (for real this time).
- Fixed rex saddle positioning in dye UI screen.
- Fixed Industrial Cooker and Beer Barrel from accepting fertilizer due to crop plot change.
- Fixed a visual issue where the Megalosaurus would appear to be sleeping instead of unconscious.
- Added swing delay to the Electric Prod.
- Fixed issue where canvases were not able to be placed on the Refrigerator.
- Fixed a visual issue where the player in inventory would appear as a silhouette.
- Improved collision on large hatchframe.
- Allowed the dye UI to stay open after jumping to paint.
- Fixed some client-side third person issues.
- Made third person camera allowed by default on all dedicated servers, use the setting ?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=false to disable it on a server.
- Fixed an issue with clients disconnecting when in large bases. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed a renderer crash and further increased render thread / Options performance.
- Huge perf gains, may vary based on system configuration due to upgrading to the latest Unreal Rendering code. After changing your in game settings, be sure to restart your clients!
- Tameable Titanoboas!
- New Server Option: Force Respawn of Wild Dinos on Server Restart! Enabled by default on official servers, this will force weekly respawns of dinos on all servers to prevent certain dino types (like the Basilo and Spino) from becoming depopulated on long running servers. (?ServerAutoForceRespawnWildDinosInterval=SECONDS). Note in some cases this may not work more than once, we may have solved the case but we're looking into it ;) .
- New Server Option: Tribe Size and Alliance Size Limits! The new tribe member limit is defaulted to 70 players and the new alliance per tribe limit is defaulted to 10 on official servers (MaxAlliancesPerTribe=# and MaxTribesPerAlliance=# in Game.ini). Note: Values may be off by 1 (looking into it!), so just pick your number and then add 1 to it.
- Platform Saddles are now limited to maximum 40 saddles per tribe. Each platform saddle (with structures) counts as 19 tribe tame slots (?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=19 & ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=40).
- 1/4 sized Ragnarok map update (the "Southwest Update"):
- Eggs no longer fall through structures during rendering.
- Baby ovis should no longer fall through structures after being born.
- Players can now escape being grappled by any enemy by using tools with blades to "cut" the line.
- Turrets now have a Players Only mode which targets players riding on dinos before targetting the dino.
- Crops can now be fertilized be pressing E on them instead of having to open the inventory.
- Hatching and Gestation progress bars now include countdown timers as well as percentages.
- The structure limit is now properly indicated to the player once the limit is reached.
- Storage boxes now indicate if they are full without having to open them.
- Corrected spelling of Pulminoscorpius.
- Pump action shotgun pellets per shot increased from 10 to 12 (20% damage increase on full hit), initial spread decreased from 10 to 7.5, and max cone size at full range decreased from 100 to 75 degrees.
- Decreased the stun on humans from shocking tranq darts from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Fixed 3 exploits used to get under the world map.
- When structures or tames are deleted due to the PVE timer expiring it is now properly communicated in the tribe log.
- Fixed a server crash.
- Fixed client crash related to using the transponder.
- Fixed issue with rocket launcher in multiplayer where using the last shot caused the rocket to shoot off to the side.
- Fixed grappling hook exploit.
- Fixed bloomquality issue when using -SM4.
- Fixed missing Redwoods terrain texture on The Center.
- Fixed in-game chat bug.
- Slight decrease to saddle armor value for tank dinos (i.e. Turtle, Bronto, Paracer, Trike, Diplo)
- 15% decrease on ghille armor durability.
- 10% damage increase to the Auto Turret.
- Slot count in industrial grill increased.
- Night Vision googles crafting and repair cost decreased.
- Gas mask crafting and repair cost decreased.
- Mammoth damage increased by 15%.
- Base stamina of Plesio greatly increased.
- Decreased Fabricated sniper rate of fire.
- Tek Grenade damage greatly increased.
- Reduced health scaling per added tame level of Thylacoleo.
- Oil Pump and Beehive now restricted to slot cap (and slot cap increased for both).
- Fixed Baby Daeodons eating too much food.
- Fixed typo with Pachyrhino Saddle
- Direbears can now harvest white/purple flowers on Scorched Earth.
- Moved to the Chem Bench to level 82.
- Titanosaur spawn on Carno Island reduced to max 1.
- Auto Turrets can no long shoot through dino gates.
- Increased the distance at which you can paint on a canvas with a paint brush.
- Canvases can now be placed on Refrigerators and on Vaults (yay pretty organization!).
- Spray Painter can now be used underwater.
- Fixed Beer Barrel decay time to proper value (was erroneously long previously).
- Auto Turret fix to protect against dive-bombing griffins.
- Fix for Tuso being able to push tames under terrain and insta-kill them.
- Lava can no longer be used to irrigate.
- Fixed spectator crash.
- Element charge is now removed from items when transferring items that consume element.
- Fixed issue where crop plot could not be placed in the Scar on Scorched Earth due to needed a "sunlit location".
- Fixed issue where Wind Turbines would function in underwater caves.
- Fixed mod issue where using mods would duplicate emotes in the emote wheel.
- Turrets will now no longer shoot your unclaimed babies (or the unclaimed babies of your allies).
- Whips can no longer be used to disarm in PVE.
- Fixed issue where Morellatops would slide around while walking and eating.
- Fixed an exploit used to get under the world map.
- Fixed issue where Rex, Giga, and Tuso would not properly loot inventories.
- Fixed an issue where equpping a saddle with a torch on it onto a dino would instantly set the torch durability to zero.
- Spyglass and GPS now usable on all underwater dinos.
- Fixed inventory issue where the inventory would display "items removed" when stacks were being completed, and no items were actually removed.
- Fixed issue where tents could not be removed from platform saddles.
- Fixed an issue where armor would become invisible when dismounting a dino on a non-dedicated server.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when mining rocks on Scorched Earth.
- GPU perf improvements
- Paintings / Character Paints now appear properly when in Spectator mode
- GPU particles now render properly in SLI / multi-GPU mode (now hopefully NVIDIA can re-enable SLI support for ARK in their drivers!!!!!!!! :stuck_out_tongue: )
- Fixed SM4 sky
- Fixed client chat issue
- Fixed TheCenter landscape material issue
- Dead tame bodies and player bodies and dropped item caches now save (with their decomposition timers & corpse locators intact)
- Character Current Stat values saved at '0' no longer reset to their default values
- Dunkleosteus now harvests metal -- too powerful???
- Dino Costumes now show damage overlays
- Modified dino attacks networking to result in less rubberbanding on clients
- Per-Dino behavior setting to toggle "Ally Looking"
- Fixed an item issue.
- Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier)
- Made Baby creatures able to consume from Feeding Trough at appropriate time (when they would gain 10% maturity) while "stasised"
- Client-side CPU optimizations
- Fixed a server crash with rafts.
- Fixed Artifact Crates having no Artifacts within them.
- Fixed structure startup crash. Highly recommend all servers hosts immediately upgrade to this version!
- Official Ragnarok Update
- SimpleSky (non-TrueSky) system with atmospheric fog
- SP Dinos no longer fall thru cave floors
- TheCenter fixes
- Streaming destructible meshes, optimized memory
- Fixed a case where the cursor would vanish when navigating through Primitive+ Menus
- Fixed an issue where you wouldn't be able to see ARK Data items unless you toggled folder view
- Slight increase to Trike Wild damage
- Increased rate at which Alpha creatures spawn in Single Player
- Decreased the amount of Eeels in PGM
- Increased the ride distance on flyers to help getting on them when you've fallen in water
- Increased the spread of Terror Bird spawns in the Redwoods so you don't see as many Terror Bird Armies
- Increased the amount of creatures in TheCEnter Deep Water Zone
- Optimised foliage and Rock destruction meshes
- Jumping Puzzle on the Center now awards 3 top-tier supply crates for completion
- Center Underworld Rafts no longer teleport to the top of the map
- Fixed the dark post processing in TheCenter Deep Water
- Fixed a case where TheCenter Barrier wasn't visible underwater
- TEK Cave pool now refills your element, as well as causes you damage if you're not wearing a full element set
- Made the weather effects on TheIsland and Center more visibly clear (you'll see clouds changing)
- Lots of Deep Sea crates adding to TheCenter Deep Sea Cave
- Added a bunch of Coel to the main waters in TheCenter
- Itchy and Pego will not steal Skins from players
- Ghillie Suit now only has 70 base durability rather than 120
- Reduced the amount of stalling caused by a GC
- Removed all the non-statted items from crates that are higher tier than the first crate where that non-statted item is found
- Fixed an issue where Plesiosaur would spawn at level 35
- You now get an on screen message when you fall off the map
- Fixed a case where the Gorilla Boss would float and walk backwards, unable to attack anything.
- Stego and Rexes socket fixed so no longer laying eggs upside down
- Fixed an issue where you may see blueprints of items inside certain structures (e.g Water skin inside of Water Tap)
- Re mapped some Center Spawns in caves so they aren't clustered as much
- Fixed Leed spawns on TheCenter so they should not spawn in shallow waters
- Slightly adjusted temperatures across TheIsland and TheCenter so they are more appropriate (e.g warmer in jungles, colder in water)
- Additional damage and health adjustments to the Dragon, Megapithecus, and TheCenter bosses.
- Fixed a case where language translation may not have properly displayed
- Tooltip no longer stays when scrolling the Engram and Inventory UI
- Fixed cases of Overspawn in TheCenter
- Adjusted the IslandCoves PGM to make it more islandy and cove-like?
- Reverted the raft change so foundations can now be stacked again on Official Servers.
- Chance of Wild Eels reduced by 33%
- Wild Eels aggro range reduced by 33%
- Wild & Tamed Eels shock no longer causes stun lock or dismount, and instead applies a temporary movement and damage debuff
- Yuty courage buff now provides +20% damage resistance
- Fixed PvE ORP performance stall
- Fixed client Map 'Fog of War' crash
- TheCenter and PGMs now use TheIsland's alpha spawner arrays.
- TheCenter lightning light flashes now stop after it has rained!
- New Achievement: TheCenter Guardians Achievement for defeating its bosses
- Dragon boss no longer present on TheCenter
- Center Boss damage reduced by 33% versus TheIsland bosses
- Fixed Bosses so they no longer have random levels, but will scale correctly on game and server difficulty.
- Primitive+: Pachyrhino and Lystro are now tameable with Bug repellant and Rare flowers respectively
- Primitve +: Primitve pick axe and torch should now persist after logging out
- Primitive+: Battle axe and Viking axe blueprints now work in the grindstone
- Primitive+: Crash fix for flying over an Explorer Note.
- [Console] No longer crash if generating a PGM after loading TheIsland.
- Improved TheCenter Lava
- Troodon food has increased
- Sounds have been added to the UI Radial Menu
- The implant has been locked to the first slot of inventories
- Leeches have been added to the Swamp Cave
- Significantly reduced the number of Arthros in Swamp Cave
- Improved MoveTo attack trace, should be easier to select smaller targets now.
- When teleporting to player pos via tether, the teleportee now gains a +2 z offset
- Stonepick Melee attacking while running no longer stops the run toggle on controller
- Volume of crouch-prone in-out increased by 45%
- [Console] PGM no longer ooms after initial generation
- New commands to see where Dinos are when hibernated, as well as teleport to the nearest hibernated creature. "cheat hiwarp raptor_character_bp_c" and "cheat hibernationreport raptor_character_bp_c"
- Fixed a potential lighting issue when leaving the Broodmother Arena
- Fixed some super-bright water reflections
- Increased the capsule size of Pternadon to make sure it can't fit thru player sized door frames
- Fixed character creation screen cursor not displaying in Primitive+
- Improved Troodon low-poly
- TheCenter now has Obelisk amb sounds ala TheIsland
- No longer missing the option to delete individual player dedicated saves for maps
- Placement Rotation indicator now appears with controller
- Fixed a case where Right Trigger would punch forever
- Pressing B on the controller when you have a Combo Box open will now result in canceling it (eg PGM)
- Correctly focusing on engrams when tabbing between Engram and Inventory UI
- A whole bunch of split-screen bugs were resolved!
- Fixed a case where the UI would focus drop all after placing an item into the quick slot
- Fixed a fog of war exploit in SP
- Fixed ATV not saving
- R. and SG. commands no longer work in console shipping environments
- ATV: RB should toggle first person as when riding a dino, RT should honk horn
- Fixed a case where Megalania couldn't climb Destructible Rocks -- perhaps just on console?
- FPV hands now enter a special 'dragging' anim pose when dragging a body
- When there are no additional element items to load into the weapon, Tek Rifle icon text should say "0%" (or whatever %), not "0% +"
- Torches on dino saddles now scare away Troodons.
- Fixed a case where Corpse Locator did not work reliably while underwater.
- Fixed an issue where certain engrams weren't learnable (e.g The Campfire)
- Removed difficulty strings from PGM spawn points
- Fixed a case where Extended H player hud label for tribes would be cut off
- 25 more element to build Tek Generator
- Safari Hat and Thorny Dragon Skins & Parasaur Saddle can be dropped like all the other skins
- Slightly louder & farther atten human death sound
- We now display dino entry icon next to "you have tamed" notification
- Reduced Dolphin tamed run speed by 15%
- Fixed an issue with low quality Beaver Dams
- Night Vision goggles drain 20% slower (last longer)
- Tek Rifle and Explosives damage foliage
- Increase Explorer Note unlocked volume by 5%
- No longer play time transitions when the player has no pawn.
- Added special corner icon on "skin" items to tell them apart from regular items.
- Attaching quality torches to saddles no longer converts them into primitive quality when the durability runs out.
- Fixed a case where remote inventories were not transferring to the appropriate folder.
- Gigas are no longer able to gather wood by eating snow trees in the snow biome.
- Fixed Cave spawns on TheCenter
- Accessing a Bee Hive no longer provides health
- LT and RT Functionality swapped for Painting
- Boss Arena teleporter pads and obelisk pads are correctly colourized.
- Obelisk laser beam is now aligned with the terminal center.
- Sand looks darker, wetter, and shinier where appropriate (more for console)
- Rain VFX has been improved to not be so close to the camera and now appears no matter how fast you go
- Cave lighting improved on Carno Island
- Tek Jepack superboost ("takeoff") sound has been changed to make it sound more like a jetpack
- Removed the drop shadow from the right hud icons
- Host Sess UI: Delete Procedural ARK button needs to have a confirmation dialog
- Changed title on "Tame Groups" panel to "Tame Ordering Groups" and will now display an asterisk next to the active groups button label text
- Double-tap X (controller) to activate weapon attachment is now indicated on options controls gamepad
- Fixed case where some loading tips would be cut off.
- Tribe Log increased on Console
- Now buttons which are selected appear brighter on the Main Menu's Help menu.
- Engram label texts are not modulating by the UI panel alpha (thus aren't fading out with the rest of the UI)
- When you already have a survivor (i.e. you have the respawn button visible), there is a confirmation dialog for when you "Create New Survivor" saying "Warning: This will destroy your previous Survivor, are you sure you wish to proceed?"
- Fixed a case where the number of empty item blank spots in storage boxes are inaccurate when you have any filter enabled such as search filter or folder filter
- Center burned tree LODs have been improved
- Improved LODs for various trees, twigs, branches, stumps, etc.
- Fixed a case where female face texture may have been lower rez (perhaps console only?)
- The level up animation on the Mammoth no longer causes the player to become a gymnast.
- Dolphins don't spawn in underwater caves
- Fixed a case where the Alpha Buff wouldn't display on underwater creatures.
- Improved LODs for Woolly Rhino, Beaver, Camelsaurus, Ichthyornis, Daeodon, Stag, and Sheep.
- TEK Tapejara Saddle now has a torch socket
- Made sure TheCenter prevents flyers in its key caves
- Eliminated any bigfoot ground shakes
- TheCenter now has combat biome appropriate music (ala TheIsland)
- TheCenter now has wind and ambience SFX in the boss area
- Wild beehives are no longer affected by the StructureResistanceMultiplier
- Yuty now has a faster rotation rate when in melee attack range (see the Rex)
- TekCave Purlovias now have a 65% chance to be underground (previously was 50%)
- Wild Itchy now has a 20s delay on its theft attack and a 2500 radius for targeting player or tame after it's found you.
- After Alpha Ascension, you should have access to the Rex Bionic Skin. After Defeating TheCenter End Bosses, on any difficulty, you should have access to the Giga Bionic Skin.
- Wyverns should now teleport to the Manticore Arena.
- Female now have a status suffocation-enter and suffocation-leave sounds
- Boss Arena Cooldowns are eliminated in Single Player
- There is now a "This Weapon Can't be Used Here" prevention volume HUD notification in appropriate areas (e.g boss arenas)
- There is now a 25% chance of fog with any rain!
- More Eels, Trilobites, and Euyrps in underwater overworld
- Decreased implant open/close volume by 20%
- Reduced Slingshot fire vol by 10%
- Polar Bear aggro range in the ice cave should be increased to something similar to the other hostile creatures in there.
- Removed non-iceberg Kairuku spawns on TheIsland
- Reduce targeting range of AI in both underwater caves by 50%, and reduced spawn quantity in HARD cave specifically by 33%, also Eels in the hard cave now spawn in groups of 2, not 6
- Baby Wyverns no longer consume too much milk.
- Analog stick panning of 3D Painting Preview is no longer step-based (for precision)
- Fixed case where Gorilla LOD would be on low/fur would vanish from a distance.
- Moved any Explorer Notes previously found in the TEK Cave as it is a gauntlet dungeon and can be distracting for players.
- Gorilla Boss punch sounds adjusted.
- Pegomastax attack SFX are no longer vicious sounding.
- ORP Dinos should no longer have AI's and thus not be particularly useful in boss fight.
- Fixed a case where TheCenter would have no atmospheric fog.
- SP no longer has a massive slowdown until respawning when suiciding
- Pressing Right Bumper with a controller when the Transponder Node weapon equipped should set the frequency, equivalent to pressing 'N' on keyboard control
- Hesperonis no longer teleports/pops back up to the surface after diving.
- Increased return-from-boss teleport pawn spread (less cases of being stuck when returning back to the Ob!)
- TheCenter Night has been made darker
- SP: Hair grows 20% slower
- Transfer-all sound increased by 33%
- Minimum draw distance increased by 10%
- If there is no inventory or harvesting component on a corpse, it will no longer display it the fact that <NAME> is dead.
- Dragon Player spawn adjusted slightly
- Fixed a case where Wandering Fish would cluster in corner
- FPS no longer dips when you painting yourself
- All HUB UI will be auto-closed when there is no player character (Previously Explorer Note UI that was opened would persist through respawns)
- Fix for singleplayer creature spawns becoming depleted over time as they did not come out of hibernation properly.
- Fixed player/bed location not appearing at the correct location on the map.
- Allowed Ankylo to attack with it's tail while in a floating state.
- Fix for boss tribute requirements, removing alpha items and reducing cost of apex items.
- Fix for the black sky on The Center.
- Fix for Disable Resource Harvesting setting not working.
- Fix for Trike walking sound.
- Fix for Rex eggs falling under the map (due to missing poop socket with new increased capsule size).
- Increased tentacles dropped from the Tuso from 1 to 8.
- Increased chance for an alpha to spawn (in multiplayer only) by 2x.
- Fix for dino attacks not functioning correctly while underwater.
- Fix for ankylo not being able to use it's new secondary attack reliably.
- Decreased food consumption for baby Troodons.
- Fixed improper baby Wyvern food values.
- Fixed animation issue with idle Rex.
- Fixed volume of Craft All sound.
- Fixed issue where deceased tames left death cache's even with an empty inventory.
- Added Tek Trough engram to the Manticore.
- Fixed music in The Center Dragon boss fight.
- Added Yutyrannus to Tek Cave.
- Rebalanced all boss HP and damage to scale from 1x (Gamma) to 3x (Alpha) in singleplayer. This does not include The Center double boss arena, which has 35% less HP and damage than it's individual Island counterparts.
- Improved atmospheric fog when using -nomansky.
- Fixed armor sorting to sort by item name, and then quality.
- Fixed engrams sometimes not displaying proper while in folder view.
- New Dragon Trophy and Sloped Thatch Roof icons.
- Mantis and Scorpion now receive the Oviraptor egg laying buff.
- Above-ground oil rocks harvest-health reduced by 50%, and underwater oil nodes harvest-health increased by 33%.
- Decreased snow bushes resources to 20% the amount of resources (20% harvest-health), and increased snow trees by 200% resources (200% harvest-health).
- Diplodocus is now considered a large herbivore, meaning medium sized carnivores will no longer attack it.
- Non-Queen Bees no longer give XP.
- Reduced Ichthyornis targeting range against players/tames by 35%.
- Ichthyornis no longer attacks players or tames that are underwater, only fish.
- Lowered rotation rate in Kaprosuchus attacks, which previously made it run and swim in circles while trying to attack.
- Dung Beetle is no longer aggressive unless provoked.
- Onyc now have a 10% chance per melee hit to apply megarabies to victim.
- Underwater dino attacks properly rebound to primary-fire (LMB) where appropriate.
- Underwater and cave crates now give two items instead of one.
- Reduced Troodon damage by 33%.
- Reduced Pegomastax health (200 base to 120 base).
- Fixed issue where structures would not demo properly.
- Fixed lighting issue with The Center volcano.
- Added visual indicator for tames and players when their inventory slots are maxed out.
- Updated Direwolf jump animation.
- Fixed an issue where dinos would not regenerate health while in stasis.
- Thatch Roof renamed to Thatch Ceiling.
- All hatchframes properly named when placed in the world (previously called Trapdoors).
- Fixed alpha particle effect on underwater alphas to be visible in water.
- Fixed an issue where disabling engrams on the host menu and re-enabling caused the engram to still be invisible.
- Reduced Titanoboa's terrain scaling abilities, specifically reducing its ability to scale cave walls and end up on the ceiling.
- Revisited move-around-blockade AI on dinos, meaning they should get stuck against terrain less often than previous.
- Improved logic for tamed dinos getting stuck less in other tamed dinos (there are a lot of edge cases here, but should overall be better).
- Removed "Distance: " label from "Following" Floating HUD. Now displays for 30 seconds after changing, and while the extended HUD is open (press-and-hold H key).
- Megapiranha size reduced by 20%.
- Made torches equippable on all appropriate land dino saddles. Drag the torch onto the saddle to equip.
- Tek Replicator can now only be crafted at the Obelisks in singleplayer.
- Allowed spear attack and melee attacks without completely exiting running (just a quick temp stop), except for clubs & swords.
- Fixed Frozen Canteens from 'spoiling' into empty containers instead of regular Filled Canteens.
- Can no longer use the spear to harvest trees.
- Added durability to Miners Helmet and Flashlight.
- Reduced max number of spider minions by 30% and make them 30% tougher.
- Fixed Kairuku spawns in singleplayer.
- Creatures in caves have been altered. Changes include more Arthropleura, Titanoboa and Leeches in the Swamp Cave, removed Scorpions. Removed bats, spiders, penguins, and piranhas in the Ice Cave. Added 'Polar Bears', Purlovias, and Sabertooth Salmon to the Ice Cave.
- Consuming Rare Mushroom and Rare Flowers now gives their intended effects.
- Fixed low LODs for dinos (specifically to fix Beaver and Ovis).
- After using Transfer All the inventory searching automatically clears.
- Unsort inventory now works correctly on remote inventories.
- Food consumption on dinos raised from 0.1 to 0.25 per unit Health regenerated.
- Griffins, female Ovis, and female Megaloceros now retain their color properly in singleplayer.
- Fixed issue where wild Dinos weren't respawning / reloading properly in singleplayer savegames.
- New Saber Model! The Saber also has increased hide and pelt harvesting capability and reduced fall damage.
- New Item: Tek Trough! Powered by the Tek Generator, this trough refrigerates food and keeps it fresh longer.
- New host option ?bAllowPlatformSaddleMultiFloors=true (Game.ini) / Allow Multiple Platform Floors.
- New host options SupplyCrateLootQualityMultiplier and FishingLootQualityMultiplier (from 1 to 5).
- New host option to allow unlimited respecs. ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true
- New host option to disable respawn animation. ?PreventSpawnAnimations=true
- CraftingSkillBonusMultiplier is now properly shown in the host menu.
- Running with -nomansky sky now looks considerably more like truesky.
- Added tooltips to all host settings in the host menu.
- Crosshairs, TPV Camera, and PVP Gamma enabled by default in Server Rules settings.
- Crafting requirements are now listed alphabetically.
- Tribes are now automatically created in singleplayer.
- Placement outline on structures now indicates direction via color change.
- Added improved hovering animation to Argent and Ptera.
- Reworked boss summon requirements to have specific artifacts for each of the bosses.
- Added new apex drops (Giga Heart, Basilo Blubber, Spino Sail, Yuty Lungs, Allo Brain, Therizino Claws, Thylaleo Hook-Claw, Megalania Toxin, Sarco Skin, Titanoboa Venom).
- Kibble recipes for all kibble added to the loot table from wild dinos.
- Changed artifact crates into their proper artifact mesh.
- Quetzal can now fit through giant hatchframes.
- Ankylo now gathers berries with the alt-fire (RMB) instead of primary-fire (LMB).
- Added appropriate difficulty to spawn areas on The Center spawn screen.
- Updated tamed/untamed icons in the Explorer Notes.
- Rex capsule is now increased to appropriately fit it’s size.
- Added blinking animations that were missing to some legacy creatures.
- Added swimming animations that were missing to some creatures.
- All land dinos can now attack in water (either primary-fire or alt-fire).
- All land dinos now have proper sounds for walking in water and swimming in water.
- All land dinos now have proper jump landing sounds.
- Added the final missing eating sound for creatures.
- Biome specific combat music now plays when the player is on a creature.
- Added new FPV animation for climbing ladders.
- Tek Cave door now stays open longer in singleplayer.
- Obelisk now has an ambient sound.
- Wild Manta aggro range decreased.
- Eurypterid spawn numbers increased by 50%.
- Increased levels of cave creatures.
- Improved rain particle VFX.
- Greatly reduced the Element cost of running the Tek Generator.
- Removed the Element cost for using the Tek Teleporter.
- Bred dinos now properly indicate who they were raised by on their tooltip.
- Fixed Corpse Locator not locating the players inventory bag.
- Fixed Corpse Locator issue where the beam would be set at an off-angle.
- Fixed Corpse Locator issue where the beam would not work properly underwater.
- Fixed multiple creature LODs to look better at a distance.
- Fixed move-around-blockade to work properly, allowing creatures to move around geometry rather than sliding off of it.
- Fixed exploit where the Tuso could reach through terrain.
- Fixed issue where the player would open inventories when dismounting a creature. Did not remove this functionality for doors though!
- Fixed issue where having a Doed on wander with harvesting disabled would cause it to burn through its stamina and food.
- Fixed Argent not being able to pick up Titanoboa and Arthropleura.
- Fixed tamed Ichthyosaur from swimming in circles during battles or around corpses.
- Fixed issue where tamed Mantas would swim off in one direction during a fight.
- Fixed dinos and players grouping together and getting stuck in a ball when teleporting to the boss arenas.
- Fixed issue where eels would push the player out of the water.
- Fixed issue that caused structures on platform saddles to be placed at odd angles.
- Fixed issue where certain gloves would cover the players mini-map.
- Fixed an area of the map where the player could stand underwater and but no water volume was present.
- Fixed issue where the Quetzal mesh poly count was reduced accidentally.
- Fixed two infinite weight exploits.
- Fixed the Alpha Tuso so it no longer ejects the rider off their creature when their mount is attacked.
- Fixed issue where when a mount was caught by the Tuso and the Tuso pushed it under the mesh, the mount would teleport inside the Tuso and become stuck.
- Fixed issue where the Tuso would keep performing it’s crushing attack even if the player escaped.
- Fixed issue where Explorer Notes were moved around to incorrect locations.
- Fixed issue where Megalosaurus was not properly dismounting passengers.
- Fixed issue where pipes were preventing the greenhouse effect.
- Fixed issue in Primitive Plus where supply drops were not present.
- Fixed issue where the improper coal was harvestable in Primitive Plus.
- Fixed spelling of Hesperornis Egg.
- Fixed issue where underwater mines would explode when being demolished.
- Fixed engrams not displaying in the correct order.
- Fixed issue where tames would not attack Trilobites.
- Fixed issue where Rex, Titanosaur, and Titanoboa were not swimming at the surface of the water.
- Fixed issue where gloves were being distorted while riding tames.
- Fixed several twitching animation issues with legacy dinos.
- Fixed multiple map LODs to look better on low viewing distance.
- Added proper Procoptodon saddle icon.
- Added proper Basilo saddle icon.
- Prevented multiple floors from being built underneath rafts and platform saddles.
- Slingshot does 25% less torpor per hit.
- Spear impact volume increased by 20%.
- Decreased pelt and hide harvesting by the Direwolf (still 15% better than other carnivores, minus Saber).
- Increased the speed of crop growth and the beer barrel in singleplayer when using ‘Singleplayer Settings’.
- Doubled the rate of oil and element consumption in singleplayer only on the gas generator and tek generator.
- The cost of gasoline in singleplayer has been increased to 6 oil and 5 hide for 5 gasoline.
- Artifact respawn timer set to 30 minutes in singleplayer.
- Allowed Trophy Wall-Mount and Base to be paintable.
- Fixed flyers you can base on from consuming more food that intended.
- You can now fish while on a Pelagornis.
- Potential fix for dinos being able to give and take damage through walls.
- Ragnarok singleplayer data has moved.
Within this folder, move your Ragnarok save file and player data (LocalPlayer.arkprofile) in SavedArksLocal into it's own Ragnarok folder (the folder will be created once you load Ragnarok again for the first time since the patch).
* Fixed Pegomastax taming
* Fixed Megalania not being able to climb after server restart
* Fixed some baby dinos eating more in stasis than intended.
* Updated Localizations, thank you brilliant translators!!!!! <3
* Fixed Primitive/Primitive+ servers (and any Mod/INI) which uses custom Engram lists not having correct Engrams available
* Fixed Baby Dinos falling through the floor
* Fixed a crash that could occur with certain mods like Structures+
- Fixed a gameplay crash
- Fixed an issue where the ARK Data tab wasn't correctly showing in Supply Crates for clients on Dedicated Servers. In Single Player and Non Dedicated, you will need to use an Obelisk.
- Fixed the ATV Engram being visible and craftable on Dedicated Servers. You can still spawn them in, or add it manually, or via being Alpha Ascended in Single Player.
- Ragnarok singleplayer data has moved.
Within this folder, move your Ragnarok save file and player data (LocalPlayer.arkprofile) in SavedArksLocal into it's own Ragnarok folder (the folder will be created once you load Ragnarok again for the first time since the patch).
One Time Player Respec Applied To All Characters
- New Item: Tek Tapejara Saddle!
- New Skill: Crafting Skill! Replaces Crafting speed. Crafting Skill increases crafted blueprint quality by up to a 64% multiplier on bonus stats for 100 points into Crafting Skill. The item then displays your name and your tribe name and indicates what percent bonus you received when crafting. It still increases the rate at which you can craft items, as well as grants higher stat benefits from cooking custom recipes.
- New Feature: Corpse Locator! Upon death, a beam of light shoots into the sky to help the player locate where they died. Enabled on Official Servers by default. Add bUseCorpseLocator=true to your Game.ini for server use.
- New Host Option: Disable Structure Placement Collision! Unofficial Servers and single-players can enable this feature to allow them to place structures that clip into terrain. Add bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true to your Game.ini for server use.
- New Host Option: Use Singleplayer Settings! When enabled, this edits all game settings to be more balanced for an individual player experience. Add bUseSingleplayerSettings=true to your Game.ini for server use. This is automatically enabled for Non Dedicated servers too, you can disable it in your host menu settings, or set the ini to false.
- New Host Option: Fast Decay! Enable this option for a fixed constant decay period for "Fast Decay" structures (such as pillars or lone foundations). Add FastDecayInterval (default is 43200) to your Game.ini for server use.
- New kill, death, speech, and talking icons added.
- Implemented hibernation from console to PC, which introduces over 500MB saved in memory for spawning dinos.
- Fixed graphical issue with crops appearing massive.
- Fixed player ragdolls becoming malformed when falling from great heights.
- Fixed player getting stuck in rocks/trees/structures when logging out in single player.
- Fixed dino spawning issues in single player that caused over-spawning of certain creatures over time and issue where spawns were becoming depopulated.
- Fixed single player settings via the slider from resetting.
- Fixed BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier setting via the host menu.
- Fixed traps not working after a game/server restart (bear traps, species Y traps, narcotic traps, alarms).
- Fixed various lighting issues on The Island and The Center.
- Fixed low landscape LODs on both the Center and the Island when using low viewing distance (certain landscape will stream in better quality from further away, e.g. skull island on the Center).
- Improved war paint on female model around the hairline.
- Fixed issue where player appeared to be floating above the saddle when boarding a dino while crouching.
- Fixed electrical cables appearing unpowered when reloading a single-player game.
- Fixed issue where logging out in single-player while holding a shield showed the player holding two shield on relog.
- Fixed Explorer Note sorting.
- Fixed ATV from repeatedly honking when leaving and entering render distance.
- Changed the Tribe Manager to have Tribe Log highlighted by default when using a controller.
- Fixed grappling hook being enlarged when shooting at a Large Storage Box.
- Colorized boss health bars to indicated boss difficulty.
- Added featured to allow players to set the light level of their lamps.
- Changed static mesh of Plant Species X to remove swaying and firing animation to reduce client FPS drops.
- Added on-screen indicator icon when structure placement is in rotation-mode.
- Fixed issue where the cooking pot provided infinite dye.
- Buffs that prevent firing (such as the shock buff) now cause the player to lower their weapon.
- Made Alt-Fire on the paintbrush now “Paint Yourself”.
- Added new live versions of all in-game music.
- Fixed issue in singleplayer where logging out with a tool equipped caused the inventory to lock up.
- Implemented kill zone under the sea floor.
- Fixed Supply Crate SFX to always be audible.
- Fixed issue where respawn animation was not playing in singleplayer.
- Added new music stingers when you tame a creature.
- Increased range of boss music in the arenas.
- Obelisks in singleplayer/non-dedicated now have each boss spawned from a specific obelisk. Transfers can only be done via the obelisk.
- Days are now 25% longer. Night time remains unchanged.
- Tribe ownership settings now default to Personally Owned in singleplayer/non-dedi.
- Fixed issue that causes sitting on a chair on a platform saddle not to calculate player temperature and location appropriately.
- Fixed issue where being unconscious would cause the player not to receive lava damage.
- Tek rifles now stop working in thunderstorms.
- Homing rockets no longer target your own turrets.
- Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.
- Stat decrease of blueprints from fishing.
- Reduced max fish size that is catchable with a fishing rod with: Honey to 2.2, Leech Blood to 1.88, and Sap to 0.94.
- Reduced fishing rod effectiveness by 35%.
- Increased Liopleurodon loot quality buff by 20%.
- ATV engram is available in singleplayer after reaching max ascension.
- Fixed issue where walking through electrical cables and pipes would cause the camera to move around in unintended ways.
- Fixed issue where feeding trough was not updating spoilage timers.
- Fixed issue where the player could get stuck inside doors by closing the door on themself.
- Removed boss arena and Tek Cave timers in non-dedicated.
- PVE no-build functionality has been removed from non-dedi.
- Slightly increased difficulty of the Cavern of Lost Faith.
- Prevented regular dinosaur gateways from supporting behemoth gates.
- Added final statted items to loot crates.
- Fixed canvas not being visible when placed on Tek walls.
- Added lots of crystal, obsidian, and rich metal to all caves except the Tek Cave.
- Re-added metal to the volcano, approximately 70% of its previous resources.
- Added categories for maps in the host menu.
- Added an alternate engram points per level array to non-dedi.
- Fixed issue where wooden cages would heal themselves when picked up.
- Fixed issue where player could wield a riot shield and chainsaw at the same time.
- Decreased mutton effectiveness by 20%. (additional changes to the Kibble system to come)
- Re-balanced speed gained per player level up.
- Fixed not being able to sit in chairs/benches when placed too close to a table.
- Increased radius of house buff by double. Also flagged gate frames as walls which allows them to give the indoor buff.
- Fixed issue where dinos placed in cages would float upwards and glitch out of the cage.
- Fixed an issue where players could not walk inside of fallen redwood trees.
- Corrected specimen implant colors after ascending.
- Obelisks now save inventory in singleplayer.
- Boss biomes no longer hear time of day transition sounds
- Fixed frozen vacuum chamber walls showing as windows in localized clients
- Reduced Club effectiveness scaling with quality by 55%.
Dino Specific Changes:
- Fixed issue where dino attacks could not do damage under low server FPS.
- Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should no longer run into walls endlessly.
- Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should attempt to run towards the player and not towards water, previously causing them to torpor out in water and drown. In the case where the dino cannot reach the player, it may still end up running towards water via picking a random direction.
- Fixed issue with Thylacoleo, Kaprosuchus, Megalosaurus, and Tuso where when attacking, the creature was able to force the target under world geometry and make them unrideable/unmovable.
- Rebalanced speed gained per tamed level up on all dinos.
- Fixed issue where unconscious player could be pushed through terrain by a Kaprosuchus.
- Fixed issue where Tuso could grab through Iceberg geometry.
- Fixed issue where babies were consuming less food when floating.
- Fixed issue where babies were consuming more food than intended as they tried to regain health. Regaining health no longer costs food for babies.
- Changed all creature names to use their long form.
- Made Troodons scared of light sources.
- Raised Ptero saddle level requirement to 38.
- Added damage scalers to Trike and Stego which makes them more resistant to damage.
- Increased Parasaur stamina by 50% and increased its speed in water.
- Increased Angler light radius underwater.
- Decreased amount of fall damage for tamed Giga’s.
- Made Moschops easier to tame.
- Increased insulation ability of Dimetrodon.
- Fixed fur cap on Mesopithecus.
- Fixed Santa hat on Gallimimus.
- Fixed alignment of metal water taps on pipes.
- Rebalanced Equus saddle cost.
- Reduced the gather rates of the Therizino.
- Reduced base damage of wild and tamed Gigas.
- Fixed issues with Ovis and Kentro where their baby/egg would fall through the floor.
- Creatures will no longer drown when they are encumbered.
- Fixed an issue where fish did not appear in Lower South Cave (Cave 1).
- Removed piranha spawns from the shallow pools in the redwoods.
- Decreased wild Carno damage by 15%.
- Reduced Terrorbird spawns in the redwoods.
- Removed Titanosaur spawn from Herbivore Island.
- Fixed issue where beehives were stacking on top of each other.
- Wild Ichthyornis HP reduced by 50%.
- Added HUD notification for Pegomastax when it is not pickpocketing.
- Added HUD message for Ichthyornis stealing, and for Ichthy making you drop your weapon.
- If a tamed Yutyrannus has carno followers, the followers now properly attack the same target.
- Fixed issue where riding on a Phiomia/Carbonemys caused the players size to increase by twice the normal size.
- Added functionality to allow the Gigantopithecus to gather fiber using the ‘C’ key.
- Added cooldown to Tuso so that it’s ink ability cannot be spammed.
- Increased Trilobite spawns to be more common in shallow areas.
- Made it so that Fertilized eggs do not count towards the egg count in the given area. This was causing fertilized eggs to be laid and the dino to go on breeding cooldown but no actual egg was laid.
- Increased unstasis range on Trilobites, Eurypterids, and Ammonites.
- Deep Ocean Coel added, with increased unstasis range and bias towards being larger sized.
- Land creatures now only receive 50% of their regular additional speed increase while swimming (does not include Spino or amphibians).
- Fixed dung beetles not processing fertilizer correctly after server restart.
- Prevented Pegomastax from attacking when the player has nothing it can steal.
- Added 30s cooldown after the player is stolen from unless the player attacks the Pego, in which case it will ignore the cooldown.
- Prevented Pegomastax from robbing same-team.
- Fixed issue where passive tames would not resume eating after being knocked out and eventually starve.
- Increased SFX distance for Ichthyornis and Hesperornis.
- Fixed the Egg Hatching bar from disappearing in singleplayer when relogging.
- Fixed issue where torpor stat for newly tamed dinos was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed issue where stasis was reducing the food consumption of dinos.
- Hyaenodon taming now scales properly with taming server settings.
- Reduced turning speed of tames by 0.5s their current speed when they are in combat, so creatures like the Manta and Ptero can turn fast enough to properly attack.
- Enabled pack buff to tamed Kentros.
- Increased duration of Giga roar.
- Fixed Quetzal platform not being paintable.
- Added Spinosaur roar.
- Added missing eating animations and sounds for creatures (should all have a proper animation now! Still have a few more eating sounds to add).
- Prevented baby Thylacoleo’s from spawning on redwood trees when born.
- Improved landing AI for Quetzal and Wyvern.
- Fixed an issue where flyers out of stamina would not auto-land and would get stuck in the air.
- Fixed Megalosaurus breeding to prevent babies from needing/going to sleep.
- Fixed Thylacoleo from always roaring when coming out of stasis.
- Fixed Thylacoleo from assuming a “superman” pose when jumping on a surface it couldn’t climb.
- Fixed Thylacoleo from getting into a state where it would walk forward without player input.
- Fixed server crash caused by Thylacoleo.
- Reduced tail collision on medium and large creatures.
- Fixed babies from ‘growing’ into the ground over time as they aged.
- Improved logic to minimize Sarco tails from gravitating towards ceilings.
- Fixed Move To whistle command to work after dismounting a dino if the dino is in a group, also now plays proper animation.
- Fixed the player from taking damage while riding on a Griffin in singleplayer.
- Added Griffin icon and level up animation.
- Fixed the spyglass not functioning properly while flying on the Griffin.
- Fixed issue where the Griffin gained unintended speed when equipping a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where dinos could aggro turrets even though no damage was being done.
Current Version: v258.86
* Fixed singleplayer cave spawns on TheIsland and ScorchedEarth
* Fixed Ragnarok not loading on Mac & Linux platforms
Current Version: v258.81
* Fixed tamed Griffin not being ride-able without saddle (there is no Griffin saddle ;)
* Fixed Ragnarok spawn counts being too low
* Fixed Ragnarok high-level Cave Direbears being tameable
* Reorganized more Action Wheel options
* Added new Expansion ARK support, Ragnarok:
* Rebalanced Broodmother and streamlined Broodmother arena
* WIP restyling of Action Wheel
* Fixed Ammo issue.
* Added Tek ATV visuals, and added rideable Passenger Seat to Tek ATV
* Fixed an issue with Character paintings not loading in singleplayer
* Fixed a texture streaming issue
* Fixed some main menu gamepad issues
* WIP reorganization of Dino commands into Action Wheel submenus, much more to come.
* New Primitive+ update. Requires server update for Prim+ compatibility!!!
* Updated Host Settings Menu (you can now set most Server Settings thru this UI, and also set which Engrams are available)
* Updated various sounds
* Changed Spider to be able to attack and shoot webbing while moving, and also now the Rider can aim the webbing
* Rebalanced Broodmother (WIP)
* Updated Main Menu
* Fixed some Boss Area collisions
* Improved Spider Projectile Aiming
* Concluded 2-Year Anniversary Event
* Added client Option to Hide Floating Player Profile Names (Steam User names)
* Fixed some Boss Arena collisions
* Tribes UI now properly alters Tribe Member settings when in "Show Online Tribe Members" view
* Fixed an issue with pressing Escape to close Options menu
* Alpha Tus now drops some regular Tus tentacles again
* Shocking Darts can now only be crafted specifically with Tranq Darts, not other Shocking Darts.
* Re-added the "Give Default Survivor Items" checkbox to the Options Menu
* Fertilized Microraptor Eggs will not decompose on the ground anymore
* Further improved ATV handling
* Fixed Babies sometimes starving at low server update rates
* Fixed issue where Lio Buff wasn't giving items on various Supply Crates
* Fixed collisions on Gorilla and Dragon arenas
* Fixed custom recipe colors not appearing on icons.
* Added "ARK Anniversary Cake Slice" item on servers.
* Updated the Pause and Options Menus
* Fixed ATV wheel physics from "flipping" out randomly, drives pretty nice now
* Fixed a crash with Mods
* Fixed particle systems not appearing at large world coordinates
* Made Alpha Leeds more common on The Island, and made them give 5 Blubber items rather than just 1. Also made Alpha Megalodon slightly more common.
* Fixed Offline Raid Protection in PvE mode to allow accessing unlocked Item Containers, Pin Locking, and not drowning Tames.
* Official PvE changed to use Offline Raid Protection (and you can now enable ORP with ?PreventOfflinePvP=true on PvE servers)
* Changed Direwolves on Scorched Earth to be Lone Wolfs, because with pack they were too strong there
* Achievement cosmetics should now be given properly on modded servers
* Fixed Hesp playing Taming animation when swimming
* Disabled Tribe Transfer Ownership button for Tribe non-Owner
* Saved (per-session) the Show Online Tribemembers view mode in the Tribe Manager
Current Version: v258.2
* Fixed an issue where Textures were streaming in too slowly
* Fixed Explorer Note / 3D previews being stretched on widescreen displays
* Fixed a crash demolishing motorboat in singleplayer
* Fixed Tamed Yutyrannus not being able to damage various large creatures
* Altered Meglania Kibble recipe to be craftable in cooking pot
* Fixed a Mod crash with UI's
* Fixed Duck not getting beyond 50% Tame Affinity
* Fixed being able access interactions with Arthropluera
* Fixed Wild Allo levels
* Fixed Megalania rotation when climbing in certain narrow corridors
* Fixed Gorilla Boss arena bounary
* Fixed landscape on TheCenter Dragon arena
* Fixed Megalania attack animation in water
* Fixed an auto-turret exploit
* Fixed Hyaenodon losing all affinity when it flees, and reduced Hyaenodon detection range on crouched characters
* Fixed not being able to see warpaint on characters (client-side update)
* Fixed crashes that occured loading certain mods (client-side update)
* New Weapon: Harpoon Gun (& Tranq Bolts for the Harpoon Gun)
* New Dino: Hyaenodon
* New Dino: Hesperonis
* New Dino: Megatherium
* New Dino: Megalania
* New Dino: Yutyrannus
* New Vehicle: Gas-powered speedy Motorboat
* New Structure: Interactive Toilet http://kotaku.com/the-many-kinds-of-poop-in-ark-survival-evolved-1795315471
* 2 New Hairstyles
* Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization.
* Greater Achievement set, with various cosmetics, hairstyles, & emotes unlocked as you get Achievements.
* New client Options to disable giving cosmetics on respawn, and to disable menu music tracks.
* Re-added the ATV vehicle as work-in-progress "easter egg" for singleplayer and custom servers: Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy'
* Massive update to Primitive+ (see Primitive+ patch notes here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/194577-primitive-plus-15-patch-notes-eta-529 )
* Fixed various gameplay exploits and edge cases.
* Direwolf now has pack logic with pack buff
* Fixed bug where Alpha Wild creatures were sometimes improperly buffing enemy (tamed) creatures
* Updated various new UI's to the new style
* 66 new Explorer Notes! (between The Island and ScorchedEarth)
* Ballista/Harpoon Bolt now has significant piercing properties akin to the Composite Arrow
* Redid The Island's ambient sounds and various gameplay sound effects
* Explorer Notes subtitle option button, Explorer Notes translations are WIP
* Tek Projectiles now will not do any damage if they collide with a Structure after 5000 units distance (to balance against Auto-Turrets)
* Various misc map fixes
* All tamed dinos with projectiles now support "Turret" AI mode
* Changed animation data format to use compression.
* Note: Up-to-date Linux server version with subsequent crash fixes has now been posted.
* Client-side: Added in support for localized Explorer Note subtitles in non-English languages. Will require actual translations being added for the Explorer Notes (which we hope to include in the coming days) before you'll see anything, though translators can use this build to experiment and see the results of their Explorer Note localizations in-game.
* Fixed issue with Engrams not being learnable on Unofficial Servers
* Fixed issue with downloading Survivors & Ascending on Unofficial Cluster Servers
* Server-side: Fixed incorrect collision on TheCenter, and various other misc map issues.
* Fixed a timing related issue with Dino Uploads on Cross ARK Transfers. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue with Turret auto-targeting
* Fixed "Downloading" alternate Survivors behavior when travelling Cross-ARK
* Engram Prerequisites now unlock properly
* Fixed some small possibility of client crashes when unloading streaming levels
* Queen Bees no longer die if you deal too much damage to smashing hives, nor do they lose affinity when taking damage.
* Improved TrueSky and non-TrueSky lighting on TheCenter
Highly recommend servers upgrade to this version ASAP!
* Server-side: Fixed incorrect collision on TheCenter, and various other misc map issues.
* Server-side: Fixed Tek Engrams not being learned when defeating Bosses.
* Server-side: Fixed destroying wild beehives reporting into Tribe Log.
* Client-side: Improved Underwater TheCenter lighting
* Client-side: Fixed gamepad input not working properly
* Client-side: Fixed not being able to enter numbers on certain text boxes
* Client-side: Fixed Escape not properly closing Inventory Menu after confirmation dialog
* Client-side: Fixed Drop Torches freaking out on clients
* You can no longer upload Bee Hive items, but now you can upload Queen Bees
* Server-side fix: Fixed an incorrect terrain collision, please upgrade your servers to this version!
* Server-side: Disabled "Learn Prerequisites" Engram button for now. Forced a one-time re-specdue to a prior Engram allocation issue.
* Server-side fix: Daedon saddle is now craftable at Smithy
* Server-side fix: fixed kill volume protruding thru volcano
* Server-side fix: fixed water physics in an under-lake area near volcano
* Server-side fix: correct level-up number should now be indicated in pop-up text when levelling your dino.
* Client-side : fixed an incorrect streaming volumes near Volcano
* Client-side : fixed a UI crash that could occur with certain Mods
* Client-side : Modified some work-in-progress Quetz sounds
* Client-side : Made Disable Menu Transitions also skip Confirmation Dialogs on Drop-All/Transfer-All, and fixed a visual pop glitch with Inventory Menu opening
* New Dino: Giant Bee
* New Dino: Daeodon
* New Dino: Liopleurodon
* New Dino: Kentrosaurus
* New Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber
* New Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle
* New Structure: Tek Turret
* New Weapon: Tek Grenade
* TEK Cave & Volcano
* "Ascension" Game Progression
* More UI overhauls
* New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
* Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full Gamepad input pass (i.e. console gamepad functionality)
- Fixed issue with Cave spawns not functioning properly in singleplayer
- The Center mega-update!
- Engram Tree REVAMP. Forced respec and Max Level set to 100 (before Ascension)! You won't lose your levels or experience, unless you were above 105 which you'll be reset to 100.
- New Emote
* Fixed issue with shotguns not applying damage. Requires server update! Highly recommend servers upgrade to this version!
* Ended the "Eggcellent Adventure" event.
* Fixed issue with gun usage under high latency scenarios. Clients are required to have at least this version on Officials!
* Fixed issue with teleporting when riding dinos.
* Fixed several cases where you could clip into world geometry
* Fixed electric structures not remaining properly active within underwater bases (for any which used to be active but are no longer, please access their inventory or interact with them).
* Changed the Inventory Menu font to be bolder, and improved the Chatbox font rendering.
* Fixed a case where items were being highlighted despite not being able to be used (such as an incorrect saddle)
* The gender of a creature now correctly displays in its inventory.
* Major UI Rendering optimization
* Eggcellent Adventure. During this one-week-only experience, running through April 23, players can collect Special Bunny eggs from Mated Boosted Wild Dodos across the ARK. These eggs can be used in special recipies to craft bunny-themed items such as the Bunny Ears Headband or a Bunny Costume for the Procoptodon!
* Added a sort state in the sort context menu.
* An item is now darkened if it cannot be crafted in the owner's inventory.
* Context menu crafting options now correctly display in the event that an item cannot be crafted.
* Craft Submenu is completely disabled if the inventory doesn't allow crafting that item.
* Fixed cases where the inventory would lose the shortcut key information.
* Fixed weird behaviours whem moving items to parent folder, as well as changing folder view whilst inside folder.
* The game now remembers whether you have selected the View Folders button on remote or local inventories.
* Added a slight border to indicate if an item has been selected.
* Repositioned the Egg Incubation bar to make it more visible.
* When the inventory is closed HUD text is not displayed.
* Item categories are no longer displayed in Q Mode.
* Supply Drops, Obelisks, and TEK Transmitter no longer default to the Transfer Data Tab.
Current Version: v256.34
* Remote Inventory UI now defaults to old-school ARK combined-engrams view. You can toggle the "Show Engrams" button to get a separate "Crafting" tab as the new-school UI has. The game will remember your setting for this and for whether you were viewing that Crafting tab.
* Fixed an issue where free-blank-slots in remote Inventory Boxes were not appearing properly when in "Show Engrams" view.
* New Craft-All Hotkey: A (bindable in INI)
* Inventory Sorting modes now save for local & remote inventories & crafting tabs respectively. (later will have the current Sorting mode indicated on the pop-out menu)
* Fixed Spoil Bars appearing on recipe blueprints
* Fixed a crash some players were experiencing when spawning due to UI changes
* Fixed the UI from shrinking when entering the Options menu even when the UI slider was at max.
* Fix to allow transferring directly into folders in the inventory.
* Made inventory filters stay active when switching from inventory to/from crafting.
* Updated various Male Survivor SFX
* The Quick Inventory Slots bar now scales independently from the rest of the UI.
* Fixed a networking problem where players were not able to successfully pick up resources. Requires Server Update!
* The UI now has scaling Options
* Tooltips can be toggled off within the UI by pressing the "G" key
* Meat cooldown effect no longer occurs in food trough and in dino inventory when not being force fed.
* Fixed UI flicker problem when uploading or downloading creatures in Single Player
* Fixed an issue with chatbox appearing off-screen on 21:9 monitors
* Fixed a visual glitch when you would have more than 2 Markers on a Map
* Female audio has been revised after collecting feedback from players
* Flier Mk 2: Click here to see the changes to fliers!
* Ridable fliers (not the Moth) now have ground attacks.
* Leeds spawns adjusted so no longer spawning near shorelines
* Ichthyornis no longer gets stuck in corners of underwater bases.
* Leeds will no longer scale in damage/level etc.
* Therizinosaurus spawn weight and aggro ranged decreased
* Quetz' idle stamina consumption reduced by 50%
* Remove Ichthyornis's ability to steal kibble from dino inventories.
* Certain creatures now have special weight reductions for specific resources similar to the Beaver.
- Mammoth reduces weight of wood by 75%
- Ankylo reduces weight of raw metal by 75%
- Doed reduces weight of stone by 75%
- Beaver and SpineyLizard now adjusted to 50% reduction for resource-weight (they do a few) due to being a jack of all trades, as opposed to specialising.
* When there is an item in the crafting queue, upon completion the right-click options would close, this no longer happens.
* Updated the UI to include a way to differentiate regular eggs from fertilized eggs, as well as show a health bar and spoiling bar.
* Taming and Fert eggs now display the progress as a %
* Adjusted Blueprint and Engrams colours to help with readability.
* Craft All now correctly displays Craft 100
* Required Engrams no longer clipping and correctly displayed (We've got an Engram page on the way!)
* Placing your cursor over a broken and pressing 'E' now repairs it.
* When adding multiple stacks into an inventory, the stacks force into stacks of the max size (stacks on deck..)
* Placing your cursor over an engram or blueprint in a remote inventory and pressing 'E' should craft it.
* Tribe Log should now appear correctly upon opening the Tribe Manager for the first time
* Adjusted size of UI box on Raft so it's no longer in the way when placing structures
* Fixed an issue where breeding dinos would show 100% regardless of progress
* Fixed an issue where text was overlapping during the breeding process.
* Added an option to turn on the grinder inside of its remote inventory
* There is now a 0.2s cooldown on meat consumption
* Use ?OxygenSwimSpeedStatMultiplier=1.0 or other value to increase how. Note: does not currently work on Non-Dedicated Servers (will in the next Major Update due to a network data structure replication limitation).
* When using the server-config bPvEDisableFriendlyFire=True, you are now able to harvest a slaughtered Ovis.
* Fixed resource issue. Server Upgrade Highly Recommended!
* Fishing rods (BP and item) show effectiveness again.
* Hyperthermic insulation on armor now displayed properly in UI.
* Name of the dino now displays in inventory UI.
* Fixed an additional weight calculation/updating issue. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a crash on client associated with display overstocked inventories.
* Fixed a crash associated with updating Weight on platforns. Requires Server Update.
* Made Inventory UI display the empty slots on structures more clearly. Eliminated needless display of extra empty slots on the Craftables panel.
* Fixed various weight calculation/updating issues. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed inability to drag equip Weapons onto Mantis on new Inventory UI.
* Fixed new Inventory UI ctrl/shift drag and single-click transfer operations not working on remote inventories.
* Maturation Bar now also displays the numerical progress percent.
* Made item tooltip overlays slightly translucent.
* Fixed a common server crash associated with harvesting. Servers should urgently upgrade to this version to avoid crashes!
* Fixed not being able to craft Tributes, and not being able to "Transfer All" from Supply Crates.
* New Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
* New Dino: Equus!
* New Dino: Leedsichthys!
* New Dino: Ichthyornis!
* New Dino: Iguanodon!
* New Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
* New Structure: TEK Teleporter
* New Structure: TEK Mosa Saddle
* New Structure: Tek Power Generator
* Total Inventory Menu redesign (other UI's coming soon!)
* Flyer Nerf (to allow server to recover Stamina when standing on a Flyer, run with ?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true)
* Reduced Vault Size
* Limited one C4 attached per dino, unless you run with this console command: ?AllowMultipleAttachedC4=true
* Sheep now have a "Slaughter" option when you have a club, sword, hatchet etc equipped, also works on PvE
* 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial hairstyle (male and female variants)
* 20+ new Explorer Notes
* Potentially fixed a case of disappearing Dinos (not retroactive)
* Added Tribe Log when a Dino starves to death (going forward be sure to look for this if your Dino isn't around!)
* Fixed a possible dupe case
* Fixed a server crash with explosives
* Fixed issue with turret targeting
* Fixed issue with plant turret debuff
* Fixed several spoiling time exploits
* Optimized Task Graph and RHI code for approximate 5-8% client side performance gain, and approximate 5% server performance gain.
* Disabled Loot Giving for jumping puzzle on TheCenter, for now.
* Ammonite Blood can no longer be applied on Fishing Rods (for now)
* Wild Thylacoleo now properly attach to trees
* Tamed Thylacoleo can now pounce-grab wild creatures on PvE
* Increased item stat clamp on Official Servers to better reflect top-tier items (and properly clamped items in CrossARK Tribute Storage).
* Added menu to list and download monthly Sponsored Mods
* Fixed an OpenGL crash that could affect Linux/SteamOS/Mac
* Fixed issue seeing the tooltip for Fertilized Eggs
* Fixed issue with MaxPersonalTamedDinos value not decrementing when Unclaiming Dinos that were loaded from save data.
* New Dino: Electrophorus!
* New Dino: Microraptor!
* New Dino: Ammonite!
* New Dino: Thylacoleo!
* New Structure: Tek Forcefield
* New Structures: Tek Tileset & Tek Doors
* New additional head head hairstyle and additional facial hairstyle
* 30 new Explorer Notes
* Rocket Launcher & C4 rebalance: C4 now does approximately 70% more damage to Structures than Rockets. Rocket Launcher can no longer have Item Stats (though its base Damage has been increased 20% to compensate). Rocket Turrets now take a slight amount of damage when they fire, and can not fire under 5% HP.
* C4-carrying Flyers now move at a fixed slow speed.
* Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod.
* Added option for per-Tribe Dino Tame limit, enabling on Official PvE servers with a max of 500 Dinos Per Tribe (with on-screen indicator of Tribe Dino count). To use it, run with ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=Number
* Added option to auto-destroy claimable decayed dinos on load, rather than have them remain around as Claimable. To use this, run with ?AutoDestroyDecayedDinos=true. Official PvE servers now have this enabled.
* Various network optimizations. Major rendering and threading optimizations to come in subsequent minor version update.
* Fixed various cases where Auto Turrets would not fire or improperly miss.
* Fixed issue with Harvesting saying "X Item Removed." (Requires Server Update!)
* Added server "?ClampItemSpoilingTimes=true" which will clamp all spoiling times to the items' maximum spoiling times. Useful if any infinite-spoiling exploits were used on the server and you wish to clean them up. Could potentially cause issues with Mods that alter spoiling time, hence it is an option.
* Troodon now have 50% less night-time targeting distance to players on-foot, and 15% less run speed
* C4 attached to Dinos or Platform Saddles can no longer be remote detonates through world geometry
* Fixed harvesting resources not properly adding to completely-filled stacks
* ARK Valentine's Day Event until February 20:
*** Dinos will, 10% of the time, drop Box of Chocolates when they mate. Box of Chocolates can be used for a Full-Heal or to advance 50% of a Taming Dino's Bar
*** New Unlockable "Romantic" Facial & Head Hairstyles (via craftable Items), for Male & Female, New Unlockable "Heart" Emote
*** Servers can launch with "-vday" to get (extra): 2x Mateboost Range, 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery, 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed, 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption (all Officials servers are running with this)
* Reduced lag on Inventory Menus
* Hair now reacts to being underwater, phyiscs and materials
* Fixed various misaligned or missing water physics volumes on TheIsland
* Server custom "HarvestAmountMultiplier" now works as it used to, to bias towards yielding rarer items. This is more costly for server performance, so if you want a more "optimized" server with high HarvestAmountMultiplier (but less rare items), you can launch with ?UseOptimizedHarvestingHealth=true
* Fixed issue with getting items with servers using HarvestHealthAmount greater than 1. Requires server update!
* Fixed issue with client movement synchronization becoming inaccurate on servers that had long-running World Saves. Requires server update!
* Reduced client-side memory usage of 254 game assets.
* Added "Disable Menu Transitions" Option, for power-users to navigate through menus more quickly.
* Fixed another Timer bug (i.e. Kapro jump issue). Highly recommend server update to at least this version!
* Optimized generation of large quantities of harvestable items (major performance improvements to Unofficial servers with boosted rates)
* Fixed Tamed Dinos not pooping at correct rates. Requires server update!
* Further improved server performance by a significant margin (~10%)
* Fixed critical issue where some Dinos wouldn't Eat or Tame properly (timer issue fixed). Highly recommend that servers upgrade to this version!
* Fixed build issue that was deleting foreign Dinos from savegames. All servers must upgrade to 254.87!
* Fixed Wild Dino spawns getting crowded out by Tamed Dinos on servers
* Improved server performance approximately 20% by final timer optimization and Tamed Dino optimization
* Reduced Armor Rating Effectiveness on Golem, Bronto, Quetz, Doed, Carbo, and Quetz by 50%
* Prevented using Whip to pickup items thru walls
* Note: For servers, v254.86 has an issue that will delete foreign Dinos from savegames. All servers must upgrade to v254.87 to avoid this issue!
* Fixed getting stuck when exiting Ladders in Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated modes.
* Fixed Tek Rex Helmet interaction with Walls/Clipping.
* Fixed another issue with the optimized Timers.
* Fixed memory leak and performance overhead associated with low-level Timers. Recommend servers upgrade to this version!
* Element no longer spoils, and bosses drop approximately 33% more Element.
* Increased damage of Tek Projectiles and reduced Element cost.
* All Tek armor has had its durability pushed up from 120 to 300 (In line with a good piece of Journeyman Equipment. This was just an oversight on our part, they were always meant to be more durable!)
* Tek Pants ability no longer consumes element when coming into contact with/destroying the destructible foliage, and uses the original amount of element for running over time.
* Added a new Wild NPC Stasis Range scaling-for-player-count option to scale server performance for more players (requires inputting into INI, not commandline), example:
* End key now toggles Tribe far-distance Dino Nameplanets
* New Tek +200 insulation buff when wearing full set of Tek Armor containing Element
* Fixed Wild Basilosaurus taking damage in deepwater. Tamed Basilo still will, however now it only takes 1/10th the amount of damage-over-time.
* Significantly improved server performance via low-level optimization of Timer system, reduced server stalls approximately 15% perf gain.
* Hiding Engrams now automatically prevents them from appearing in Supply Crates even if they are not in the Exclude Items Indices list.
* Boss Musics now properly automatically takes the Music Volume setting into account.
* Added [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] PlayerBaseStatMultipliers[0-11] to multiply player BASE stats (you can use the PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player array to multiply player per-weight stats)
* Tek weapons now do substantially more damage vs everything except structures. (Rifle is +50% damage, Rex Saddle is +100% damage.)
* Tek armor offers slightly greater physical protection (+30 armor per piece.)
* Tek Rex shots take slightly less Element. (Down to 5 from 6)
* Burn rate of Element for Legs and Chest reduced by 50% (50% more time per piece of element.)
* Saved approximately 280 MB of GPU RAM due to distance field optimization, and increased distance field performance.
* Fixed certain server stalls during player joins
* Server options to disable Taming & Riding:
* You can now alter Boss Element on your server using the following INI values:
* Add Tek Replicator to obelisk inventories
* Unconscious dinos teleport out of Boss Arenas now, and changed to 60 seconds to remain in arena after killing boss
* Made sheep wool growth rate use the server's "HairGrowthSpeedMultiplier" value. Note that sheep wool growth rate is also sped up by levelling its "Food" stat.
* Tek projectiles no longer destroy corpses
* Coel, Salmon, Piranhas, Cnidaria, Euryps, and Trilobites can no longer receive buffs/debuffs
* Improved boss attack hit detection
* Added a warning label that hair is cut to zero when changing hairstyles, and clamped hair slider drag length. (We had meant to release v254.0 with this feedback but had accidentally disabled it!). Improved underlying systems for Mod-added hairstyles in preparation for ARK Dev Kit release.
* Fixed Mountable turrets erroneously playing a "whoosh" sound whenever spawned.
* Fixed an issue with Ballista Ammo
* Made Tamed Pegomastax targetable by wild creatures
Current Version: v254.3
* You can no longer stand on the flight ceiling (though jetpack flight z is still clamped)
* Singleplayer/non-dedicated bosses are reduced in damage and effective-HP by 67%
* You can no longer trim hair from dead bodies
* Fixed allosaurus alpha buff / pack not working
* Tekboots now consume element automatically for fall damage. note you do have to manaully load them for climbing grip, however.
* Veg cakes are now consumable by herbis again!!
* Fixed TheCenter destroying structures on floating island in pve (not retroactive)
* Fixed another case where Mods could crash (particularly Weapon Mods)
* All-Players floating names for admin spectator (when you fly up high) now are defaulted off (they cost server perf), and can be enabled by spectator admins with "cheat SetShowAllPlayers true"
* Fixed crash associated with facialhair styles.
* Fixed crashing upon loading or running various Mods. Recommend all servers update!
* Fixed BattlEye connection logic to avoid dropping players. Recommend BattlEye servers update!
* New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors.
* Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
* New Dino: Ovis Aries!
* New Dino: Basilosaurus!
* New Dino: Baryonyx!
* New Dino: Purlovia!
* New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
* Alliance-Chat channel! (open with 'Home' or cycle thru all chat modes with Tab)
* Admin Command Logs & Chat Logs file-output options
New Admin Cheats:
UnlockEngram(string ItemClassName) // (for Tekgram unlocks)
* Troodon Scout now has an option to look for Corpses & Caches
* Tamed Dinos now have an option to disable their resource-harvesting
* Holding Left or Right when dismounting a Dino will now dismount you in that direction
* Significantly increased Scorched Earth Loot Drop Quality
* Added 5 more Player and Dino levels
* Fixed Allosaurus spawning inside bases
* Fixed issue with being able to clip through World Geometry
* Fixed Supply Crates respawn logic (would previously have stopped some cave crate spawns)
* ~16 more Explorer Notes
* Soups/Beers can no longer be eaten by Dinos
* SteamOS version works properly again, and memory savings on Linux & Mac
* Audio system is now fully streamed. Hundreds of MB saved, slight potential perf loss. If you want to use the old system (memory-intensive), launch with -oldaudio
* Added "Hide/Show Helmet" Emote. You can use this to dynamically toggle showing your beautiful hair instead of actual helmet you're wearing! (You will still get the stat/functional benefits of the Helmet regardless, just hides the third person mesh!)
* Note: Artifacts have been deleted once, in order to ensure the new limits on carrying them take effect (only Players can carry them now).
* Fixed issue with Spoiling times. Recommend server upgrade.
* Primitive+ Major Update! (please make sure you have this latest version if you're running Primiive+)
* Fixed a Fuel-array crash that could affect Primitive+
* Fixed issue with Pegomastax usage causing invisible Player connections / corrupting save data. Retroactive fix!
* Cannon, Machine Gun Turret, and Rocket Turret can no longer be used within Electrical Storms.
* Flyers carrying explosives can now fly, but they have speed significantly reduced (and can not barrel roll!)
* Explosive Damage now causes PvP respawn cooldown
* Scorched Earth Sandstorm now causes Dino AI ranges to be significantly reduced due to low visibility
* Fixed bug where Flyer-Carried C4's would disappear on Clients after a distance.
* Non-Quetz flyers can no longer carry characters that have C4 on them
* Spike Walls can no longer damage water creatures
* Fixed a client-side GPU memory leak.
* Upgraded BattlEye version, please update your servers!
* Servers can now allow from-the-air Supply Crates to appear on top of Structures, rather than being prevented by Structures. Launch with "?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true" to enable this (enabled on Official Servers).
* Improved Server stasis/unstasis performance
* Fixed Piranha overspawning issue on TheCenter, and added latest Dinos to TheCenter
* Fixed Pelagornis rotating poorly when on water surface
* ARK Dev Kit hooks
* Fixed server crash when loading mods in previous build.
* Fixed server crash in previous build (253.8)
* Ended Winter Wonderland Event (deprecated for backwards compatibility)
* Flye grabbed by megalo/kapro falling thru world on client fix
* Gate frame destruction fix
* Bed respawn thru walls fix
* Tamed flyers letting grabbed players/dinos stay below terrain fix (u now get uncarried)
* Fix for tamed cave-dinos not being targetable by wild dinos
* Mods now indicating loading progress when connecting.
* Ladders on platform saddles now include Weight
* Fixed a platform Bed spawn exploit
* Fixed Megalosaurus spawns to occur in all appropriate TheIsland caves, and fixed them getting stuck within Cave 5
* Raptor Claus Gifts now contain party hats and birthday suits (for a day ;) )
* Unridden Tuso no longer moves when it has grabbed something (as intended), and fixed an issue that occasionally caused water-dinos to be erroneously killed when grabbed by Tuso.
* Therizinosaurus damage against non-harvestables reduced by 33% (kept the same against harvestables)
* Troodon spawn frequency in jungles reduced by 40%
* Troodon night-time sight range reduced by 25%
* Fixed Neuter flag saving on Uploaded Dinos.
* Fixed calculation errors with Spoiling Time. Requires Server Update.
* Titanboas can be picked up by Dino carriers again (Argentavis etc). Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Pegomastax losing stolen loot when its body was consumed by a predator. Now it will drop a loot bag if it has any loot. Requires Server Update.
* Flyers on PvE can once again no longer carry wild dinos unless the "?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true" option is enabled
* Fixed crash of Non-Dedicated Session Hosts
* Made Kapro & Megalo able to continue holding their Prey after dismounting, added "Drop Prey" option to Kapro
* Fixed Megalosaurus Kibble being preferred by Therizinosaurus
* Fixed some movement logic that accidentally got clobbered in the Kapro
* Fixed Megalo/Kapro/Tuso carrying of Dinos on PvE servers
* Fixed/improved Dinos getting stuck underground after being released by Tuso
* Fixed some erroneous collision on TheCenter
* All Winter Wonderland craftable cosmetics now properly appear in Cooking Pot. Requires Server Update.
* Pegomastax can no longer steal your Engrams. Requires Server Update.
* Reduced Taming times on Therizinosaurus and Tusoteuthis by 60%. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with Megalosaurus crashing on client, pure client-side fix.
- New Item: Photographic Camera. Take photos and apply them onto in-game onto Painting Canvases!
- New Dino: Cnidaria!
- New Dino: Troodon!
- New Dino: Tusoteuthis!
- New Dino: Pegomastax!
- New Dino: Therizinosaurus!
- 2 New Full-Scale Underwater Caves (progression-oriented with Artifacts!)
- Winter Wonderland 2 Event! Follow Raptor Claus around The Island, Scorched Earth, and The Center as he drops items, coal, and the occasional tough-as-nails creature to keep you warm at night! Lots of cosmetics and the DodoRex make an appearance, along with new items!
- Additional networking performance gains of approximately +15%
- BattlEye is now enabled by default for dedicated servers, use -NoBattlEye to run your server without it
- Various new ARK DevKit features & hooks
- TamingSpeedMultiplier, HarvestAmountMultiplier, and XPMultiplier are now hardcoded with an extra 2x multiplier. If you wish to have your server use the same rates as before, please reduce your sever's custom values for those by 50%
* Changed AI Controllers to once again be destroyed on Stasis, too much memory overhead to keeping them around on large maps. For servers with a lot of RAM, they can now optionally gain performance by running with -StasisKeepControllers to keep the AI's in memory.
* Fixed PhysX crash when using wheeled-vehicle Mods. (ARK: Moon Survival etc)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed client-side crash associated with Brontos.
* Fixed bug with Dino Weights not being applied onto Platform Saddles after unstasising
* Attached C4 is now always targeted by Turrets where possible
* Fixed C4 on groundable Flyers taking effect when they're not over-water
* Platform Saddle Passengers sitting on Furniture now get the standard percentage of their Weight added to the Platform Saddle Dino
* Veggie Cakes max Percentage Healing amount capped at 2100 HP
* Bronto attack AoE reduced by 30% for Tamed/Ridden Brontos, Bronto incoming damage multiplier from Explosions changed to 100% (from 50%) and from Fire to 75% (from 40%)
* 20% per Tamed Ptero Level reduction in Speed (~15% average reduction in Ptero Speed to Tamed Pteros)
* Fixed issue where attached Transponders were grounding Flyers.
* Made turrets shoot C4's attached to enemy dinos.
* Made all Flyers except for Quetz and Wyvern become 'grounded' if you put a C4 on them. To disable this behavior, launch server with ?ForceFlyerExplosives=true
* Veggie Cakes now have 10% healing of Herbis between 500 and 2500 HP over a 30 second duration, with 50% spoiling lifetime, and no longer are effective on Titanosaurus. Requires Server Update.
* Likely fix for client-side Health Meter getting stuck at zero.
* Fix for issue of Dinos sometimes continuing to "walk forward" if you tapped 'W' when riding.
Requires Server Update.
* Veg cakes should no longer be auto-consumed for Food by any dino except Achatina
* Veg cakes WILL be auto-consumed by any Dino for Health if their HP is below 85% (yes, even Carnivores, though to minimal benefit on them :stuck_out_tongue: ). The Dino will consume one Veg cake every 10 seconds until it has above 85% Health again.
* Chitin / Keratin can be placed in Feeding Troughs
* Sauropod Tamed Health gain (leveled-up portion) reduced by 30%
* Doedicurus and Carbonemys no longer gain Herbivore-healing from Veg Cakes
* Veg Cake max healing amount limited to 3000 HP over 10 seconds (otherwise 15% of max HP), in addition to instant +500 (edited)
* Herbivore Explosion Damage multiplier changed to 40% rather than 55%
* You can no longer erroneously shimmy up sheer landscapes on dinos.
* Fixed a client-side chat crash.
* Manually-used Veggie Cakes now heal 15% (over 10 seconds when manually fed) in addition to +500 HP (on Herbivores), have cooldown interval reduced to 10s, and take 4x as long to spoil
* Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides).
* Fixed some rare crash cases.
* Crash fix for servers when loading save games with certain Mods!
* Ended Turkey Trial Event! (deprecated items)
* Reintegrated PhysX 3.4 for larger performance gain. Fixed PhysX memory leak!
* Taking various Eggs now aggro the respective species
* Improvement to Dino movement physics accuracy when riding a Dino
* Changed Item stack size limits to Beer Barrel: 3, Catapult: 1, Wind Turbine 1
* Eliminated Cross-Transfer exploit and took GM actions.
* Fixed rare server crash.
* Dedicated Server: Temporarily rolled-back PhysX version to 3.3 in order to resolve Memory Leak. Recommend upgrading to this version until 252.5 is ready which will fix the leak Requires Server Update.
* When run with ?DestroyUnconnectedWaterPipes=true or official servers always, after two days real-time the pipes will auto-destroy if unconnected to any non-pipe (directly or indirectly) and no allied player is nearby. (edited)
(you don't have to test that :wink: )
* Spam-structure building is now rate-limited to help out slow servers.
* 80% improvement to foundation testing calculation to reduce server stalls when building on slow servers.
* Fixed a Moschops ambient harvesting crash
* New GM Commands:
TakeAllStructure: gives your tribe all the structures of the team you're currently looking at.
TakeAllDino: gives your tribe all the dinos of the team you're currently looking at.
GMBuff: gives you god, infinite stats, AI ignorance, and a bunch of experience.
GMSummon: summons a tamed dino that isn't cheat-tamed, so still requires a saddle.
* "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" can now be set in [ServerSettings] INI, not only via the launch commandline ("?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0")
* Fixed PhysX crash on TheCenter with large overlaps. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue with ragdolls falling thru the ground (new PhysX inverted ray trace direction on terrain heightfields :-P). Requires Server Update
* Fixed Megalosaurus losing its Tame Affinity whenever it wakes up due to Night-time. Requires Server Update
* Signed additional PhysX DLL's to help resolve some BattlEye connection issues, and removed some unnecessary PhysX DLL's.
* Raised proximity structure limit to 10,500 (the structure limit is actually working now with the new PhysX!). Renamed the server variable to "TheMaxStructuresInRange" so that all servers get a one-time reset to the new value: ?TheMaxStructuresInRange=10500 (or in the [ServerSettings] of GameUserSettings.ini). Requires Server Update
* You can now put Leech Blood in your quick item slots in order to feed it to the Moschops. Requires Server Update
* Reintegrated the Item Quantity limits for various structures that was lost in the merge from v251. Requires Server Update
* ARK: Turkey Trial 2! New challenge and cosmetics! Earnable Emotes! (this system also enables Mods to add more Emotes to the game!)
* New Dinos: Achatina, Megalosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, & Moschops!
* New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees. At last!!!!
* All-new Caves on The Island, redesigned with proper shipping-quality layouts and graphics & increased challenge (ALL Cave Structures will necessarily be wiped in this version). (Still to come beyond this are the Underwater Caves & Tek Cave.)
* 2 new mythos Explorer Notes for each character
* Approximate 15% server performance increase due to massive replication & physx efficiency improvement
* Whistle Ordering Groups! Create groups by class, or specific-dino! Awwww yeah! (also Whistles to group-set Follow Ranges)
* New Whistle Type: "Move To", point at an arbritrary location and tell your dinos to move there!
* VFX indicators for whistle commands: Move To, Attack, and Group-Selected Units. ARK RTS?
* Extra Option to "stream" in "Far" map sublevels, for large memory and performance gains (but reduced visual quality & draw distance).
* Tamed Giganotosaurus HP & Damage reduced by approximately 15%
* Unversioned Hotfix: Client-side changed Dino Tamed-On/Uploaded-From HUD info to only be visible on Unconscious Dinos, even if they're your own team. Also hid that info when "Hide Server Info" option is enabled.
* Fixed a CrossARK inventory transfer crash. Requires Server Update.
* Made Flyers dismount in Scorched Earth caves properly. Requires Server Update.
* Made Spoil Timers retain their realtime values thru CrossARK transfers. Requires Server Update.
* On CrossARK servers, your Dinos will now indicate the server they were Tamed on when you look at them (and you can see this on dead enemy dinos as well, along with the server they were previously Uploaded from, if any, useful for tracking points of origin.) Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a case of Dinos falling thru bases/floors on client
* Fixed server option ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts to work properly for inventories that have been loaded from saved game (so it works properly now ;) Requires Server Update.
* Enabled full Cross-Ark Survivor/Item/Dino transfers between all Official Servers of a specific game mode (PvP, PvE, Primitive).
* Added new server commandline/ini option ?MinimumDinoReuploadInterval=1000 for number of seconds cooldown between allowed Dino re-uploads (defaults to 0, set to 43200 on Official Servers which is 12 hours). Remaining cooldown time is displayed on the Dino Upload UI.
* OfficialServer Transferred Dinos now display the name of the server they were transferred from when looking at them (only displays this info when dead if a non-Tribe Dino).
* Fixed issue with Wild Dinos spawning inside bases (may still be an 'edge case' if you have a very long fence with few nearby structures; requires at least 15 "core" structures within a 6000 unit radius to prevent spawn, or tamed dino within a 4000 unit radius, but otherwise will work properly now).
Current Version: v250.4
* Fixed an infinite loop lockup case.
* Fixed Wyverns / other creatures having infinite special-attack stamina when carrying a creature
* Changed the following items to have only 1 stack, and retroactively applied this to help deal with an exploit:
- Industrial Grinder
- Chemistry Bench
- Industrial Cooker
- Tree Platforms
- Industrial Grill
- Industrial Forge
- Ballista Turret
- Minigun turret
- Rocket turret
- Oil pump
- Air conditioner
And these are now limited to 5 in a stack:
- Huge Gates & Gate Frames (Wall and Ceiling)
* Fix for user/server INI values not being properly utilized
* Conclusion of Fear Evolved event: the Fear Evolved Structures will be removed, but any earned Cosmetic Items and ZombDodos/ZombWyverns remain!
* Fix of Procedurally Generated ARK crashes, massive reduction in generation and loading time, fix for PGM's on Linux Servers and Mac & Linux Clients. (Wipes saved v1 PGM's, now is v2)
* 1 new mythos Explorer Note for each character
* "Ignore All Whistles" option for Dinos
* Per-Alarm-Tripwire Option for Tripwires to not be set-off by Tribemates or Allied Tribes. (defaults to not be set off by Allies)
* Alpha Mosasaurs now drop quality fishing rods
* Preserving Bin now has 24 item slots
* Alpha Wyvern and Alpha Deathworm Trophy heads
* Platform Dinos now add 33% of the inventory weight from creatures/players standing on them (previously was 0%), and 85% of the creature/players inherent carry-weight.
* Imprinted baby walking now respects the server's "AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle" setting
* Underwater mines no longer target wild dinos
* You can now paint the bulbs of electric lamps which will colorize the lighting which comes from them
* Fixed issue where you could upload engram-crafted items to Cross-Server and they would disappear
* Fixed issue with Industrial Cooker not properly using up water container when crafting
* Fixed an issue with unstasising structuctures occasionally being invisible on client
* Sloped Roofs now properly used for indoors calculation
* Redid all 3D Dino Dossiers to look & be more accurate to original 2D concepts
* Fixed longstanding issue of movement getting stuck on trees in permanent Falling physics state
* Snap Point Cycling! Press 'Q' ('give default weapon' key) or 'Z' ('defecate' key) when placing to cycle thru all nearby Snap Points :)
* Fixed an Industrial Grinder exploit.
* Fixed Dino Witch Hat skin to be equipable again
* Various fixes to ZombieWyverns
* Fix to allow new Halloween items to be transferable in Obelisk terminal
* ARK: Fear Evolved 2 (event runs thru Nov 5)
** DodoWyvern & ZombieWyvern Army, DodoWyvern Mask Skin (Scorched Earth)
** DodoRex & ZombieDodo Army, DodoRex Mask Skin (The Island)
** New cosmetic items: Vampire Eyes, Werewolf Mask, and Clown Mask
** Placeable "Carveable" Jackolanterns, Gravestones, & Scarecrows
** Return of Fear Evolved 1 Bone Dino Costumes
** New Bone Dino Costumes (Giga, Quetzal, Wyvern, Jerboa)
** Witch Hat Skin for Survivors & Dinos is back!
* Implemented a fix for Spoiling times. Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update!
Unversioned Hotfix: Primitive+ now has fixed animations, and various updated content. Requires Server Update.
* Game support for custom Procedural ARK Generators (ala Mods)! Here's an example:
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed overspawn of Dimetrodons in TheCenter Volcano area.
* Fixed collecting Explorer Notes while on Dinos (get a Dino XP Buff when you collect it on a Dino!!)
* Fixed crash case with clients on PGM. Still have issues on a Linux Server, expected solution this weekend.
* Fixed ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 (etc) on servers. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed permissions on Neutering.
* Fixed Diplocaulus unboarding movement in local play.
* Fixed issue with Dinos not eating or updating some parts of their AI!
* Fixed issue with TheCenter preventing player connections
* You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals ;)
* New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST! Details for Hosting Dedicated PGARK Here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/
* New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
* New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
* New Dino: Diplocalus!
* New Dino: Chalicotherium!
* Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
* Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage
* Neuter/Spay option for Tamed Dinos (irreversible!)
* Radial Wheel Menu text size now scales with number of entries (to avoid Diplodocus overload, etc)
* Spectators can now see player-talking moving lips & hear voice chat when in range
* Fixed player collisions onto big dino ragdolls
* Non-Drop-In Supply Crates (Cave/Underwater crates etc) no longer have decreasing Health over time (no longer autodestroy), but they can also not accept Inventory anymore and can not be used to generate Boss Tribute Portals.
* System to completely add/subtract/override all Map NPC Spawners via INI (highly useful for PGM spawn tweaking). Fully Mod NPC compatible as well! Details here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/
* Changed Structures collision channels to fix issues with crop plots, elevators, etc. Requires Server Update.
* Improved Quetz platform flight-blocking traces (less rubber-banding).
* Lightning Wyvern beam now damages Raptors and other small Dinos it was missing.
* Prevented spike walls on Dino Platforms (retroactive, unless ?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true)
* Prevented Quetz from moving when head is blocked by platform structures
* Prevented floating platform structures (non-retroactive)
* AutoTurrets shouldn't ever shoot where it can't hit anymore
* Prevented building near supply drop points on PvE (unless ?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true)
* Overworld supply drops will now spawn near player structures in online PvP
* Improvement to Server PhysX performance!
* Further performance improvement to server-side timer logic.
* Fixed serious performance issue with dedicated servers. Highly Recommend that all server hosts upgrade as soon as possible!
* Significant server-side performance improvements of approximately 10% on average. Requires Server Update.
* Servers can now override their difficulty above 4.0, using "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" or whatever number they want. Be careful not to go too high!
* Made Dinos' current Following Target save.
* Fixed a case where Tamed Dinos could be erroneously destroyed on load/unstasis.
* Changed enemy-structure destruction log (for the victim tribe) to not display in Tribe Logs by default (instead, a generic structure destruction message is given). Use server setting "?TribeLogDestroyedEnemyStructures=true" to make it indicate the attacker tribe.
* Fixed issue where Water Pipes & Electric Cables would not update their state correctly.Requires Server Update. Highly recomend that all servers upgrade for this fix!
* Fixed critical performance problems with Water Pipes & Electric Cables! Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where stasised Wells wouldn't refill connected Taps. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where water containers in Taps connected to wells would cause the pipes to flicker filled/unfilled. Requires Server Update.
* Homing Rocket now has max targeting range of 6800 units, and can be distracted by nearby Flares. Requires Server Update.
* Plant Species Y now has 300% larger activation radius, kills victims faster, lasts longer, degrades & pierces their armor more, and can now only be damaged by flame or explosives Requires Server Update.
* Whip now has 40% chance to disarm, rather than 25%. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where Hotkey slots were getting shifted when transferring characters with items across ARK clusters. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where player collision could get stuck on pipes/cables. Requires Server Update.
* Added "-ClusterDirOverride=C:/TestStorage/" launch parameter to servers (use whatever path you want). This allows you to use a common cross-server storage location that functions between multiple servers running on the same machine. (And you also still need to launch with "-ClusterId=SOMETHINGUNIQUE" in order to get your box's servers to allow cross-transfer.)
* Fixed overspawning and physics/collision volume issues on TheCenter. Requires Server Update.
Current Version: v247.8
* Fixed various misc level issues on TheCenter. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Pillars accidentally preventing resource spawns around them. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Giganotosaurus not being able to attack trees. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Archaeopteryx latching onto ScorchedEarth Joshua Tree. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Mac text input crash.
* Fixed case where players could get themselves pushed through world geometry! Requires Server Update.
* Fixed case where Survivors/Items could be lost on travelling between ARK's
* Fixed Oculus Rift support for 1.0.0 Retail SDK!
* Fixed a server-side crash with downloading Survivors on Unofficial Servers.
* Fixed a crash with the List Sessions UI
* Improved appearance of Landscape in Ansel Super Resolution captures
* Fixed an input locking issue with IME using Chinese characters.
* Added Archaeopteryx and Tapejara to ScorchedEarth -- Archaeopteryx hangs around Joshua Trees, Tapejara can be found in mountainous areas.
* Fixed Archaeopteryx spawn frequency on TheIsland, now common in Redwoods. Requires server update.
* Fixed client crash-on-exit that occured with certain mods
* Fixed TheCenter spawning Archaeopteryx. Requires server update.
* Fixed crash that could occur when someone was a passenger on the Tapejara
* Fixed edge case of aiming weapons on the Tapejara.Requires server update.
* Fixed issue with Structures not colorizing.
* Fixed issue with platform Beds not allowing spawn. Requires server update.
* Fixed crash with equipping weapons onto Mantis in singleplayer
* Improved TheCenter performance/RAM issue (still a remaining problem with this).
* Fixed Primitive+ Crash. Requires server update.
* Fixed ability to use Torches/Spyglass/etc while Riding Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allosaurus Kibble requirements (uses Savoroot Veggie, not Savoroot Seed). Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allososaurus & Pelagornis Fertilized Eggs making respective Kibble. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed singleplayer crash reloading with Mantis Equipment
* Fixed Primitive+ character animations & updated Primitive+ content. We highly recommend that all Prim+ servers update to this new version!
* TheCenter mega-update!
* New Item: Night Vision Goggles!
* New Dino: Tapejara!
* New Dino: Archaeopteryx!
* Wind Turbines now function properly on TheCenter and TheIsland
* You can now name turrets and the turret name will show up in the Tribe Kill Log/HUD message.
* PvE Greenhouse auto-demolish timers are now 25% more than Stone
* Added Server Option to disable Dino Mate Boost (?PreventMateBoost=true)
* 30% to 40% rendering performance improvement of Structures
* ~300 MB memory reduction by dynamically streaming the destruction meshes
* NVIDIA Ansel now supports TrueSky at Super Resolutions, and improved Super Resolution SSAO
* Fixed the colorizable regions of the Wood Chair and Bench (4 of them)
* In-Menu Options to disable Bloom and Light Shafts, respectively
* Fixed Korean Langauge setting to use the Steam language value
* Fixed various collision glitch/exploit cases
* Fixed Molleratops and Rock Golem not showing up. Highly recommend that servers upgrade to this new version!
* Fixed client-side crash loading TheCenter.
* Fixed invalid retaining Tent buff. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed Molleratops & Rock Golem activations messing with the Tribe Ride/Order Rank values. Note: older servers should update to stay in sync with clients, otherwise clients will not be able to Drink / Hide respectively. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed server gameplay-logging crash.
* Fixed a server hang.
* Added extra hang protection to server where if it hangs for more than 30 minutes at startup and 15 minutes thereafter, it will automatically shut down).
* Fixed a rocket exploit. Thank you ARK Survivor "Lawrence"! Requires Server Update!
* Lightning Wyvern beam no longer damages structures
* Mantis can no longer equip invalid Saddle types
* Rock Golem now takes 50% damage from Wild Dinos, rather than 10%
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with the Chainsaw sound staying on after unequipping.
Unversioned Hotfix: Added multi-lingual translations for ScorchedEarth. Also added the following new translated languages, use via launch commandline -culture=LanguageCode
* ScorchedEarth: Fixed issue where generators would not automatically come back online after an Electrical Storm.
* Fixed issue where certain Mods would crash. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a server-side issue where servers could potentially lock-up when using the Fishing Rod. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where character could spontaneously get get knocked off ladder when climbing. Requires Server Update.
Current Version: v246.3
* You can now (rarely) get rare mushrooms/rare-flowers on scorched earth from purple plants, and sickle now harvests from seed cactus. Requires Server Update.
* Whip now only has 25% chance to disarm players. Requires Server Update.
* Wyvern milk can no longer be put in refrigerators. Requires Server Update.
* Spiral stairs now have proper railing collision so you can't accidentally walk-off the edge. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Battleye disconnection issue when doing server survivor transfer
* Changed Manticore Tribute cost to require only 10 wyvern talons per type, rather than 15. Requires Server Update.
* Antidote item can now be crafted with deathworm spikes alternatively instead of leech blood. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Narcotics not working on Giganotosaurus, and possibly other Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Added 2 additional Player & Tamed Dino Levels. Requires Server Update.
* Optimized Server Dino Status updating for performance gain. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a critical server and client performance issue! Immediate upgrade of all servers is highly recommended!
* Fixed issue with losing Engrams on downloading Survivor via Cross-ARK Transfer.
* Fixed insulation calculation bug that caused spontaneous death in some bases. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue that was causing item tooltips not to appear in singleplayer mode (and thus the item management hotkeys not to work).
* Giganotosaurus no longer harvests wood. Requires Server Update.
* Poison Wyvern tertiary 'C' ground attack is now Wing-Flap Wind, not Snarl. Requires Server Update.
* Diseases no longer persist across Survivor cross-server travel. Requires Server Update.
* One-time Official PvE TheIsland Server rollback to fix deletion of bases around mountain no-build areas. Disabled use of mountain no-build areas on Official PvE.
* Scorched Earth Expansion Integration!
* Cross-ARK travel & Cross-Official-Server Transfer via Supply Crates & Obelis Terminals
* New Structure: Large Ceiling Dino Doors (Stone, Metal, Adobe)
* NVIDIA Ansel support (Launch ARK with the NVIDIA Ansel launch option (or -allowansel), Alt-F2 during singleplayer gameplay, and [Delete] in spectator mode to access Depth of Field menu!)
* Mounted Dinos are now throw by double-tapping the F key. They can be thrown when riding by pressing the R key.
* You can now hold down the Hotbar Key for any consumable/eatable item to rapidly consume the entire stack of items.
* Removed Ankylosaurus bite animation (was inappropriate-looking for Stone Harvesting). May re-add it later as an alternate non-stone-harvesting Attack.
* Fixed an issue with Industrial Grinders. Recommend all player-hosted servers update asap. Requires Server Update.
* Gate Frames are no longer considered foundation/resource-blockers (and can not be built within range of enemy Foundations).
* You can launch an autodestroy enabled server with "?OnlyAutoDestroyCoreStructures=true" to prevent any non-core/non-foundation structures from autodestroying (however they'll still get autodestroyed if a floor that they're on gets autodestroyed, of course). Official PvE Servers now use this option.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed phasing through walls.
* Fixed a turret avoidance exploit.
* The following structures can no longer be built within range of enemy foundations:
Large Storage Box
* Fixed issue where "FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures" was affecting Tree Platforms.
* Updated Primitive+, fixing numerous issues! May require Server update to retain compatibility with clients! Requires Server Update.
* Changed Pillars back to the low-prevention radius they previously had.
* New server option: "?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true", which will decay unsnapped foundations/pillars at 5x speed.
* Note: All official PvE servers now have "-AutoDestroyStructures", to automatically demolish old structures, and "?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true". Official PvP servers only do this on Pillars, using "?OnlyDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true".
Current Version: v245.986
* Fixed cases where you could get stuck in world geometry after being pushed by Dinos.Requires Server Update.
* Fixed another case of Dinos falling thru Floors. Requires Server Update.
* Pillars now extend resource/respawn prevention radius as far out as foundations. Requires Server Update.
* New server option: ?OnlyDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true
If set, only unsnapped core structures will decay. Useful for eliminating lone pillar/foundation spam on PvP Servers.
* On August 22nd, we will be enabling Auto Destruction of any decayed (demolishable) PvE structures on all Official Servers. They will at that time be auto-destroyed if they are publicly demolishable. Also, at that time, all old lone (unsnapped) pillars & foundations will be cleared from Official PvP servers
* Fixed networking issue associated with 'flickering' / 'detached' Mounted Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed getting stuck on rocks/geometry when pushed by Dinos. Improvements to Dinos & Bodies falling thru Floors. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed character Ragdolls falling through the ground when dying. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Sky rendering in VR mode
* Fishing Rod can only be crafted 3 times from a Blueprint and can not be repaired, but Fishing Rod loot quality scale increased by 20%! Fishing is also less likely to yield rare resources. Requires server update.
* Fixed bug with Scuba Tank durability decreasing too quickly on long-running servers.Requires server update.
* New Dev Kit Hooks: Mods can now Remove engrams from the game, as well as append additional Dinosaur spawns without having to completely override the Dinosaur spawn entries. Requires server update.
* TheCenter: Disabled jumping-puzzle reward loot for the time being.
Unversioned Hotfix: Re-added SteamCMD.exe for dedicated server mod management using "-automanagedmods" commandline
* Reintegrated core VR support for retail Oculus unit! Details here:
* Added "Wild Only" targeting setting for turrets. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a crash that would occur with the Industrial Grinder. Requires Server Update.
* Added optional launch command for severs to disable non-meat Fish Loot: -nofishloot Requires server update.
* Clamped Fishing Rod Effectiveness to 500%. Requires server update.
* Industrial Grinder now yields up to 100 items of a type per grind (rather than 50). Requires server update.
* Fixed client-side memory stomp crash (W+F bug)
* Fixed Allosaurus spawning too close to bases. Requires server update.
* Fixed harvesting issue (inability to harvest). Requires server update.
* Fixed various issues reported on TheCenter, and further optimized. Requires Server Update.
* Rebalanced Fishing Rod loot table & scaling. Requires Server Update.
* Made Carnivores not insta-harvest creatures that they kill, except for the Pelagornis and Beezlebufo as appropriate. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed an issue with inability to harvest repeatedly when holding the attack button on a melee weapon. Requires server update.
* Fixed multiple-melee-attack bug with melee-weapons
* Made Carnivore insta-harvest take the death-inventory of the victim as well (provided the Carnivore has Collect Victim Items enabled and sufficient Inventory Weight).
* Fixed inability to Fish. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed & Improved Ragdoll Networked (requires Server And Client update). Also re-enabled Ragdoll Death Impulse.
* Removed Fishing Rod Blueprint from Fish Loot Table and decreased Fish Loot Table Qualtiy by 33%, as well as marking certain Fish Loot Table Items to only occur at high-quality.
* Land Dinos can now do movement-blocking attacks while in Water again (Scorpion etc), but not when Falling anymore ;)
* Fixed potential memory corruption
* Made Beezlebufo's 5x bug damage multiplier apply to Dragonflies as well (was always supposed to)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Primitive+ Storage Boxes not appearing. Requires Server and Client Update, please update accordingly!
* Fixed issue with Tamed Pelagnornis disappearing. Requires server update!
* Fixed a server crash associated with Fishing
* Fixed issue where carried Dinosaurs couldn't attack
* Fixed a server performance issue
* TheCenter mega-update! (New Biomes, New Islands, New Caves & Creature Spawns, etc)
* New Official Total Conversion: Primitive+, optimized, 'completed', and packaged as Free DLC
* New Creature: Pelagornis!
* New Creature: Allosaurus!
* New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! (Just Sap and Leech Blood baits for now, but many more baits will be added in the next day!)
* New Structure: Industrial Grinder: grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, converts resources into simpler resources
* New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
* New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it). Default enabled, "?AllowHitMarkers=false" to disable. Also, server crosshair is now enabled by default, "?ServerCrosshair=false" to disable. There are now client options to disable these effects locally as well.
* Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs
* UI Option to colorize item name texts based on quality level.
* Offline Raid Protection mode now disables PIN Locking, and Structures in Caves no longer get ORP.
* Client-side update: Fixed crashes associated with loading directly into a server from the Steam browser list, and a rare crash associated with streaming skeletal meshes.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed local singleplayer/non-dedicated crash that would occur when travelling between areas.
* Fixed crash in 244.6 (recommend that all unofficial servers upgrade ASAP!)
* Defaulted to using "new save format", which is approximately 4x faster and 50% smaller. If you want to use the old save format, launch with -oldsaveformat. (New saves are not backwards compatible!)
* Reduced client game memory usage by about 600 MB system and 600 MB GPU RAM! (all meshes now stream LOD's dynamically). This could potentially have a small runtime performance impact, so to use the old method (more RAM usage but no potential performance loss), launch with -nomemorybias
* Diseases are now permanently cleared whenever you level-up; as you get "older", it's more time consuming to recover from a disease.
* Titanosaurus torpor reduced by 50%, and Travel Distance for taking Torpor reduced by 50%. Effectively, Titanosaurus is now much easier to knock out. Titanosaurus Saddle Engram is now moved to Level 85 with 120 EP requirement.
* Experimental fast save/load code implemented for servers. Approximately 4x faster and 75% smaller. We strongly recommend backing up your save games if you intend to try this out, as we're still testing it. Use with launch commandline "-newsaveformat"
- Fixed a case where armor could be circumvented using gun weapons. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed an issue with Rockets. Required deleting all existing Rocket Ammo Items once. We are sorry, but it was necessary! Special thanks to Survivor "Rocketreporter" for the extremely helpful bounty report! Requires Server Update, we recommend upgrading as soon as possible!
* Fixed issue with players teleporting above the landscape in Cave 1. Requires Server Update.
* Windows & Linux Dedicated Servers now support automatic mod download/installation/updating! Just add "-automanagedmods" to your launch commandline and it will do so before the server launches (note for Maps this will not work unless you're specifying the Workshop ID to load a Mod Map). On Linux Servers, you need to run this script (included with the ARK dedicated server files) once to install SteamCMD: \SteamCMDInstall.sh
You can also specify a manual list of extra Steam Workshop Mods/Maps/TC ID's to download/install/update in your Game.ini via (with the commandline as normal to actually use them in-game), example:
* Fixed issue with Fish endlessly spawning on land near the Redwood Biome. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Significantly reduced client-side hitches/stalls during network Structure streaming.
* Fixed unharvestable snow-transition trees, they're now harvestable. Requires Server Update.
* Holiday Event Items: Celebratory Colorizable Sparkler Skins (which can be applied onto Torches, which can now be mounted on wall-torches and standing Torches for infinite light colors!) -- get 'em from Diseased Leeches -- & Fireworks Launcher Skins -- get 'em from Alpha Mosasaurs.
* Fix for missing resources on snow areas of TheIsland (after Biome Update)
* Fix for increasing memory when opening Inventory UI repeatedly
* Approximate 10-15% Loading Speed Performance Improvement, and faster connection to servers
* Lots of powerful Dev Kit functionality hooks
* Lotta Alpha Mosasaurus' in honor of Shark Week 2016 -- hunt & kill them to get a special limited edition item ;)
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed a networking performance issue that would affect servers with <= 2 accessible cores, as well as improving Non-Dedicated Hosts.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed various important network issues involving teleporting/fast-travel resulting in 'invisible' Structures on Clients.
* Improved server performance by approximately 5% depending on number of connected players.
* Fixed issue where Rafts could appear in the incorrect location on Clients.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed various Ptero and Quetz and Chair exploits that allowed getting thru Structures.
* Fixed issue where Tribe Alliances would not initially be loaded, causing pandemonium among Dinos and Turrets within cross-Alliance bases.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed significant performance issue with dual-core CPU's, affected Servers and Singleplayer mode. Thanks to Steam User / Server Host "ddvs1" for helping us track this down!!
* Fixed Max XP limit on Dedicated Servers.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed longstanding issue with Platform Saddle Structure Snapping (particularly with Pillars) being unreliable.
* Fixed issue with creating side-snapped floating pillars.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed erroneous demolition of snapped Pillars.
Requires Server Update:
* Properly added 2 more max-levels (XP limit) to Players and Dinos.
* Fixed longstanding multiplayer issue where weapons often wouldn't correctly auto-reload when switching to them if previously out-of-ammo.
* Fixed an issue where Dinos could get stuck in a Fleeing state forever.
* Improved Terror Bird spawns (not so many).
* Tree Platform now requires Holding Demolish option for 6 seconds to activate the Demolish option. Because Demolishing Tree Platforms can instantly take down an entire Tree Base, it should be a little more time-consuming to ensure that's the desired selection.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed Beaver Dams (they weren't spawning)
* Fixed Manta Taming
* Fixed Obelisk Terminal activation collision
* Fixed Server Primitive Engrams INI to contain Rope Ladders
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed some pillar building issues (couldn't place pillars directly on platform saddles/rafts, or on some platform-ceiling extensions).
* Fixed issue of getting more Swamp Fevers if you had Leeches attached to you on each subsequent game relaunch.
* Fixed issue where some swamp water dino spawners weren't active.
* Fixed issue where some servers/clients were stalling out.
* Fixed Toads/Dimetrodons/Leeches and other swamp water creatures not spawning (Swamp Water spawns). Requires Server Update.
* Force respawn all wild Dinos once for servers/singleplayer (if they haven't already run the biome clearance manually) to help clear up any wild dinos stuck under the ground.
* Auto-Turrets will now properly target & shoot Dino platform "Trojan Horse" builds. Requires Server Update.
* Possibly fixed potential Linux Server performance issue
* Added Titanosaurus colorization
* Fixed Chemistry Bench not properly containing "Absorbent Substrate" Engram. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a server crash associated with Dino Baby Births. Also fixed www.SurviveTheArk.com Tripwire Alarm & Birth Notifications to properly work! Requires Server Update.
* New Creature: Titanosaurus!
* New Item: Gas Mask!
* New Item: Herbivore "TastyCakes"
* New Item: Chain Bola Ammo for Ballista Turret!
* New Structure: Retractable Rope Ladders!
* New Structure: Tree Sap Taps!
* New Structures: Wood and Metal Tree Platforms!
* New Mechanic: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications via SurviveTheArk.com (E-mail and Forum). Optionally Tribes can post to arbritrary URL, if they have a custom system! Now if someone's raiding your base, you can get on top of it! ;) Note: you need to be in a Tribe (even a Tribe of one by yourself ;) for this feature to be utilized!
* Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests (this is a major environmental overhaul!)
* GroundClutter effect extended 50% further and +20% more GPU efficiency
* Approximate +5% GPU performance improvement related to more efficient foliage culling
* Approximate +10% Server CPU gains related to more network multi-threading
* Added option to disable Inventory Sounds. Yeah ;)
* Balled Doed's are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks -- now just very, very resistant to them.
* Magnfiying Glass now displays creature Torpor stats (on Wild creatures too).
* Tribe Alliances now disabled in Offline Raid mode (too complex to determine if anyone in an Alliance is around), C4/Traps can no longer be placed near Offline-Raid Protected Structures, and Offline-Raid mode now forces all Structures to be Lockable so that players can "Lock" Crop Plots to prevent their turrets from being disabled.
* New Server Option: "?PreventTribeAlliances=true" to prevent tribe alliances
* Engagement with Wild Naturally-Fleeing & Small creatures (tiny bugs etc) no longer trigger combat music
* Tamed Dinos that are following a submerged allied Target will not attempt to float to the surface of the water, but rather will attempt to stay at the depth of their allied Target. (helpful when deliberately going deep-diving your tamed land Dinos). However, Dinos that are capable of suffocating will try to surface if they are out of Oxygen regardless!
* Vaults can no longer be dropped onto saddle platforms
* Transfer-All/Drop-All methods now only drop/transfer what is currently disabled in the inventory, respecting any filters/folders you may have active (so for example, if you're within a folder, it will only transfer those items, or if you have a text filter active, etc).
* Fixed an issue where pillars were not being calculated correctly as foundations when building pillars downwards
* Massive +33% rendering gains with any translucent rendering (particles, greenhouse windows, etc). Yay for eliminating unnecessary SceneColor resolves!
* Game.INI values to scale the the 5 kinds of XP earned: Generic (automatic over time), Crafting, Harvesting, Killing, and SpecialEvents: "KillXPMultiplier","HarvestXPMultiplier","CraftXPMultiplier","GenericXPMultiplier","SpecialXPMultiplier" (all 1.0 by default)
* Tamed & Wild Gigas Damage reduced by 50%, Wild Giga HP reduced by 40%, Tamed Giga Run Speed reduced by 30%, Tamed Giga HP reduced by 25%, Giga Stamina Increased by 30%. Tamed Gigas now require/consume 50% less food for subsistence.
* Tamed Ptero Damage reduced by 30%
* Fixed a rare PhysX crash that would bring down servers on occasion. Seemingly free of any more PhysX-crashes now!
* Fixed bug where Wild Giganotosaurus and other dinos would not respawn properly until the server was relaunched.
* Added two additional levels to gain, for Players and Dinos
* Server Note: To allow your Server's Titanosaurs to be permanently tamed (namely allow them to be Fed), launch your server with this commandline option: ?AllowRaidDinoFeeding=true
However, note that TheIsland currently only spawns 3 Titanosaurs whatsoever, so 3 Tamed ones would ultimately block any more Wild ones from spawning.
Note for Unofficial Servers: If you wish to destroy structures within the new Biomes, you can launch your servers with this commandline parameter (that's a dash, not a question mark -- put this at the end of your server commandline ;)
Note this command will only execute once per server save!
* Increased server performance another 8%
* Fixed a Grappling Hook crash
* Concluded the ARK Anniversary Event
* Fixed a potential Mod item crash
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a replication threading issue that could have caused invisible players. Ended ARK Anniversary Event for reals. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed an issue that would cause players to become unceremoniously kicked off their mounted turrets at certain angles. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Disabled anisotropic filtering on clients by default on non-terrain textures. Added a Checkbox Option to re-enable it.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Mountable Turrets that were glitching out/dropping players. Also optimized the turret/seat system for better server performance. Requires Server Update.
* Multi-Threaded networking system for substantial (~15%) sever performance improvement. More perf gains to come soon too!
* Fixed exploit where Chairs could be used to clip into people's bases.
* Added client "-NoBiomeWalls" commandline parameter which eliminates the upcoming-Biome-change area wall effects
* Made TheCenter properly use Overriden GameModes (Difficulty Mods, Prim+ Total Conversion, etc).
* Fixed a performance issue that was occurring with PvP Offline Raid Protected Servers. Thank you so much to Steam User "Shadowsong" for helping us identify and solve it!
* Fixed a bug where PvP Offline Raid Protected Servers could lack AI for newly-spawned Dinos.
* Made Swamp Fever particle effect not visible from player's own perspective.
These require server-side update:
* Fixed some Raft exploits (C4-Poker and Breach-Rafts)
* Reduced the scaling by 50% of Dino Adult Food Consumption rate when unstasising. This is to help compensate for the bug fix in v242.0 which now correctly utilizes the Adult Food Consumption Rate when unstasising a Dinosaur (hence the higher rate of consumption on Giganotosaurus, which were one of the few Dinosaurs to use that multiplier).
* Allowed Vaults to be built on Rafts, specifically.
* Fixed Raft naming & some other potential Raft networking issues.
* Made Fortitude slightly more effective for avoiding Disease (90 Fortitude == 80% reduction in Disease chance, rather than 110 Fortitude)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a crash that was affecting some Mods/TC's on/near startup.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Dino Baby cuddle times erroneously resetting after reloading savegame.
* Improved Argi/Quetz/Ptero/Dimorph eating animations
* Balled Doed's now only get their damage on autoturret projectiles reduced by 50%, not 100%. Requires server update.
* Can no longer drop picked-up Dinos through structure walls. Requires server update.
* Can no longer Detonate creature-attached C4 through structure walls. Requires server update.
* Diplodocus "friendlyness" no longer plays battle music. Requires server update.
* Further improved server & clients CPU performance by approximately 5%
* Fixed issue where turrets wouldn't target someone who had C4's stuck all over their body. Now, Boom. Requires server update.
* Fixed issue where you could re-imprint on Baby Dinos.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with Leech Blood not being storable in Icebox/Preserving Bins. Requires Server Update.
* Performance improvements to server yielding 20-25% perf increase. Also improves Client CPU utilization.
* Changed Rhino Horn requirement to Narcotic on Lesser Antidote. Made Lesser Antidote Disease Immunity last 3 minutes.
* Leech Blood now spoils after 3 hours (Stackable in Quantities of 50), can be stored in Fridge. Made leech blood more common to harvest.
* Made Swamp Fever increase movement speed by 20% and decrease rate of food, water, and oxygen consumption by 50%.
* Made Swamp Fever not able to be transmitted through collisions/walls.
* Among current non-human creatures, now only Tamed Dodos can be infected with Swamp Fever. (as intended). Any existing infected dinos are cleared on sever launch.
* Bug Repellent now repels Leeches and bug repellent now works when applied to your Tamed Dinos
* Attached Leech no longer drains Stamina.
* Reduced rate by about 70% of Diseased Leeches in Swamps, as intended.
* Water/Amphibious creatures are no longer targeted by Leeches. (swamp native ;)
* Dinos will not play the eat animation so often when autonomously eating
* Fixed another value that was increasing rate of Quetz food consumption, is now fully back to original values.
* New Server Options
This will make Diseases not permanent (you will then lose them if you respawn).
This will completely disable Diseases on the server. (thus far just 'Swamp Fever').
* Fixed appearance of "blue fog" on the Cave-water material.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed missing Mac binaries that was causing Mac to crash.
* Fixed an issue where some mods were causing certain creatures to have 0 Food or not gain any Food from eating. Requires server update.
* Fixed Supply Crates being destroyed when there was one remaining removable item left
* Fixed too-high Quetz Food consumption rate
* Fixed Plant Species X turrets firing when previously built on prevented Dino Platforms. (they're not supposed to unless overriden)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed incorrect TheCenter dedicated server content. If you are hosting a dedicated server of TheCenter and people are having trouble connecting, please make sure you have this update. Thank you!
* 'ARK's Awesome Anniversary' 1-week Event: Get Ready to Make some Birthday Wishes for Limited Run Items!
* New Creature: Diplodocus!
* New Creature: Leech!
* New Structure: Training Dummy. You can attack this dummy without fear of destroying it, and it will display floating Damage Per Second values so you can see how strong your Dino Army really is.
* New Mechanic: Permanent Diseases & Cures (Player-Contagious Swamp Fever!!!!)
* Tribe Groups Phase 2: Support for Limited Non-Admin Invites & Promotions/Demotions per Group! Also "Prevent Dino Unclaiming" checkbox, and other new per-Rank options.
* Dragon Arena
* Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions ("?EnableExtraStructurePreventionVolumes=true" commandline).
* Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs
* Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate
* Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit.
* Added 'Follow Range' ( Low/Medium/Far) Setting Per Tamed Dino
* Multi-Seat Saddles (Galli, Diplodocus, etc) Dinos now have an option to Enable Public Seating. Dino Taxi service, ahoy!!!
* Servers can now optionally enable an "offline raiding prevention" mode which will make Dinos/Structures invincible if no owner is logged-in (indicated via the head whether the owner player/tribe is logged-in or not). Recommend that server owners utilize this with care, as it may have undesired side effects in a competitive environment. (e.g.: ?PreventOfflinePvP=true?PreventOfflinePvPInterval=60.0?PvPDinoDecay=true?PvPStructureDecay=true)
* Added Alpha Mosasaurus (contains lots of Black Pearls)
* Alpha creatures XP reduced by 45%
* Auto-Turrets can no longer be built on Quetz/Sauro/Mosa/Plesi/Paracer platforms (Plant turrets can't be grown on them). Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of "?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true". Otherwise they're now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.
* Plant Turrets now consume Fertilizer per shot, and also will not shoot if no water is in the crop plot.
* Approximate +100% increase to Saurupod and Paraceratherium respective Weight stats.
* Breeding Mechanics Phase 2: Interactive Baby Raising
* Optional RPG Stat Mode: Displays Floating In-World Damage Numbers for all Player-Related Damage Events.
* Fixed issue where Quetz platform could create floating structures
New server commands for v242 are here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/350532536100692514/
* Unversioned Addition: Biome Border Markers have been added. If you have a base within the red side of a border, best move out over the coming days. Structures within the red side of the borders may be destroyed by the upcoming Biome Changes!
* Unversioned Addition: Optionally launch dedicated servers with -EnableIdlePlayerKick to cause characters that have not moved or interacted within the KickIdlePlayersPeriod, 3600 seconds by default to be kicked.
* Added -insecure commandline parameter usage to disable server VAC
* Fixed Dino PvE Auto-Claim time multiplier to use a separate commandline value (?PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=1.0) rather than the Structure Auto-Claim time multiplier.
* Fixed ocean spawners continually overflow spawning on TheCenter
* Fixed case where you could improperly use Vault drops
* All Official PvE servers now have 0.25 structure decay time and 0.5 structure resource blocking radius multiplier
* Fixed various TheCenter structure placement, teleport, collision issues, dino difficulty curve, and dino spawns
* TheCenter clients now work properly on Mac
* Fixed general case where you could place structures within world geometry
* Generated shadow distance field data for the rest of TheCenter world geometry meshes (sorry for the large one-time update!!)
* Saved some RAM on non-ShaderModel5 platforms by discarding unneeded distance field data
* Reduced Wild Compy HP and Damage by 50%
SERVER ADMIN NOTE: v241.1 fixes an issue with v241.0 that caused Flyers to temporarily lose their Saddles and all Dinos to fall through Structures upon reloading. We strongly recommend all server admins upgrade to v241.1 as soon as possible, and consider a one-time rollback of their save data if their players were affected by use of 241.0. Accordingly for this reason, at 5:30pm Eastern on May 17, we rolled-back all the ARK Official Servers by approximately 2 hours.
* Fixed critical issue with Flyer Saddles Disappearing and Dinos Falling thru Structures/Bases on game load.
* Added The Center Official ARK Mod/Map as Free DLC
* Added new 100-player 'The Center' Official Servers
* Improved Non-TrueSky Sky & Lighting (+ SM4/Mac/Linux)
* Significant server PhysX & Networking optimization
* You can now pickup and toss Dodos & Dung Beetles. Rejoice!
* Fixed the huge stall/lock when you "Transfer" a bunch of items at once
* Arthropluera "Turret" AI mode option: won't move and will only used ranged attack against targets.
* Warmap now dynamically shows the mini-map texture of whatever level you're playing on (even with Mod maps :)
* Anonymous Dedicated Server package is now only 4GB! (down from like 30 GB)
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed the Teleport max Drag Weight to allow Rexes, for real.
* Fixed an issue where unconscious wild passive tames were unable to take damage on PvE.
* Fixed an issue where "meat" would not cook on certain Mods.
Requires Server Update:
* Added a 10 second grace period after being released from a Bola in which you can not be Bola'ed again. (with visual feedback of a broken bola hit)
* Giganotosaurus attack knocks down trees now
* Rexes (and anything up to 550 Drag Weight) can now be brought into Boss Arenas
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Shader Crash that was occuring with some mods.
* Fixed performance issue with Arthropluera physics. Recommend server update for better performance!
* Reduced another 50MB of unused Render Target memory
* Reduced about 150MB more of shader memory, also improving loading speed
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed long-term server timing issue (previously, servers at greater than 2 weeks uptime would start getting whacky)
* Fixed Fish Meat taming Dinos at 2x speed, now is about the same rate as regular meat (even though it provides half as much food)
* Fished issue with Gorilla Teleporters potentially getting overlapped
* Made Boss Arenas reset immediately if there are no remaining live players within them
* Reduced megapithecus shake
* Fixed Arthropluera offset when riding on elevators
* Fixed crash with unsupported "simple dynamic lighting" render pipeline (that pipeline is fully disabled now, it didn't appear to gain any performance)
Fixes require Server Update:
* Fish should no longer get knocked back so much when dying
* You can no longer pet dead/unconscious/baby lystros
* Arthropluera can be ridden when swimming, has reduced damage knockback
Fixes require Server Update!
* Fixed Bola damaging you on Spike Walls
* Fixed Bola FPV mesh
* Fixed fish meats not cooking in pre-240 campfires and grills
* Fixed harvesting Salmon with Sickle (yields high quantity of Prime Meat)
* Fixed Arthropluera not being able to fit thru Caves/Gates (reduced collision size)
* New Creature: Lystrosaurus!
* New Creature: Arthropluera!
* New Creature: Sabertooth Salmon, with Fish Meat!
* New Weapon: Primitive Bolas!
* Megapithecus Arena
* Added Option to Disable Melee Camera Swings (including 'Harvesting Head Wobble')
* Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
This will come in an optional public beta update later this week!:
- Epic 4K Texture Deployment (all textures at source resolution)! Better texture pool utilization at all Texture setting levels
* Fixed time-outs while loading/downloading large (or large quantities) of mods when connecting to servers. Seemingly for good this time. Thanks for the great help to Steam Player MasterDavid of the Tribe Darconic!!
Requires Server Update!
* Fixed issue with loaded Chem Tables crafting costs being too cheap
* Fixed Quetz Armor Building Exploit
* Reduced Cannon Ball Damage by 15% generally, and 25% with respect to Metal Structures, and 40% with respect to Metal Turrets. Added a small amount of Obsidian as a crafting requirement for cannon balls.
* Fixed Dire Bear Auto-Eating Narcoberries
* Fixed issue that was causing weapons with custom ammo to lose their Ammo when moved into a Dino Inventory. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed 'active' sound effect on Chemistry Table
* Removed Cannon & Cannon Ball Engram from Primitive Servers. Isn't really appropriate for gunpowderless worlds.
* New Creature: Direbear!
* New Creature: Manta!
* New Structure: Chemistry Table!
* New Structure: Primitive Cannon!
* Broodmother Boss Arenas
* Added 2 more Player and Dino Max Levels
* Fixed timeouts that people were getting connecting to servers that used lots of Mods
* Fixed issue with placeable explosive/traps collisions
* Fixed physx issue that could cause excessive server lag
* Fixed issue that was often preventing Dinos from Harvesting. Requires server update.
* Allowed "underneath foundation" build method on non-Quetz platforms/boats. Requires server update.
* Fixed an issue that was creating too many Beavers/Beaver-Dams. Requires server update.
* Increased Eurypterid spawn frequency by 60%
* Rhino can now be picked up by Quetz
* New Saddles are now craftable on Beaver-Smithy
* Official Extinction Event servers now have 2x-3x settings
* Rhino tames 40% faster
* Non-Official Extinction Event servers will now auto-restart properly
* Reduced Dunkleosteus maximum Torpor
Unversioned Hotfix (Client-side): Fixed incorrect terrain materials.
* Fixed a server startup crash from v280.0 ;) -- Server admins please update to v238.1!
* New 'Dino': Woolly Rhino!
* New 'Dino': Eurypterid!
* New 'Dino': Dunkleosteus!
* New "Extinction" Servers which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown and dramatic meteor impact!
* Fixed Wild Beaver Dams Spawns
* Improved shader loading speed by approximately 25% (faster load times, less stalls)
* Fixed issue where you couldn't board Flyers when nearby (but outside of) Caves.Requires Server Update.
* Fixed low EasterEgg drop rate (remember Bunny Oviraptors are best!)
* Fixed Caves not unloading under some circumstances when leaving them (was wasting client performance and also causing some wrong visuals)
* Fixed day lighting affecting new Cave interiors
* Fixed stored Easter Eggs disappearing after server restarts
* Tripled Easter Egg drop rate
* Prevented building in front of new caves on PvE
* Made Flyers able to go into caves by default on custom maps, and also you can force Flyer into caves via server commandline "-ForceAllowCaveFlyers"
* Fixed spectator crash
* Improved new cave lighting
* Fixed new cave entrance holes on Mac/Linux
* Summoned DodoRex is now autotamed and doesn't run forward forever
LIMITED EVENT: ARK: Eggcellent Adventure, March 25 - March 31
* Snow and Swamp caves
* Increased Server Performance
* Majorly Reduced Client CPU utilization where many Dinos are active, significant gains for most players
* You can no longer be mounted on Flyers within ARK Caves
Current Version: v236.7
* Increased shadow rendering performance about 15-20%
* Added Thai tanslation (launch commandline: -culture=th), and updated to latest community translations. Thank you ARK community translators, you're the best!!
* Improved server and client perf by using intrinsics. Requires server update.
* Fixed Fleeing behavior that would cause creatures to head towards the origin (50,50).Requires server update.
* Handcuffed players can now punch (without causing damage). This allows them to drain stamina even if encumbered, hastening death by malnutrition. Requires server update.
* Loading Screen Tooltips can now be localized! You'll find the values in the updated ARK Localization Manifest!
* Updated BattlEye launcher with "Uninstall BattlEye" option, accessible from Steam Launch options
* Fixed Chat to work in certain localized languages (Chinese etc).
* Made the Localized language correspond to the Language Setting for ARK in your Steam Client, with the following supported languages (Thank you so much, volunteer ARK translators, you're the best!!!!).
Note: if you want to use a non-English language now, you must set it in the "Languages" tab of the Game Properties within your Steam Client, as the game does NOT automatically select your Steam Client language if it is already installed. You will only have to do this manually once, and it is automatically chosen for new ARK installations.
Simplified Chinese: zh
Traditional Chinese: zh-TW
Thai (NEW!): th
Japanese (WIP): ja
Polish (NEW!): pl
Danish (NEW!): da
Dutch (NEW!): nl
Swedish (NEW!): sv
Hungarian (NEW!): hu
Czech (NEW!): cs
Turkish (NEW!): tr
Brazilian Portugese: pt_BR
You can also directly override the language by using the following startup commandline (for dedicated servers, etc, where 'en' is one of the language codes listed above):
* Updated the ShooterGame.manifest with the latest exported strings for the new game content (Beaver stuff, etc)
* Improved rendering performance by about 5%, and reduced stream hitching
* Added further support for fast International server pipeline
* Improved the server BattlEye implementation to support auto-updating the BattlEye libraries.
* Fixed a server crash.
Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Localization Tool to properly handle newlines and end-spaces. Fixed for reals now!
* Fixed issue with certain Total Conversions crashing.
* New Dino: Giant Beaver, Castoroides
* New Equipment: Handcuffs
* Server Performance Phase 2
* Improved Client streaming performance, less hitches
* Updated various translations!
Unversioned Hotfix (Server-side): Fixed Meganeura, Ants, Compies flickering in-and-out. Requires server update!
Unversioned Hotfix: ~10% rendering performance improvement! And now crash fixed too ;)
Unversioned Hotfix: ARK added Simplified Chinese Translation! Thank you www.playarkcn.com !!!
* Ended ♥ARK Valentine's Day Event♥
* Added hooks for International "fast-pipe" official servers (VPX)
Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Translations for Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and added Brazilian Portugese! Thank you to all ARK translators, keep it up -- you rock! Please remember to fill in your Credits label at the top of the localization file :)
* Added ♥ ARK Valentine's Day Event ♥, which will run until 5pm EST Monday. Get new "Box o' Chocolates" Item randomly dropped by mating tamed Dinos, eating it will insta restore full HP, or knock 40% off a Dino's Tame Bar (Remote Use). Also during the Event, 2x Mating/Mateboost Range, 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery, 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed, 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption!
Custom servers can activate the event with "-vday" commandline!
* Fixed "Unassigned" key bindings on localized languages
* Fixed Localization Font uasset overrides that were not working
* Improved Ground Clutter Draw Distance and performance
* Added Main Menu "credits" label for Localizations
* BattlEye Clients: Mac and Linux!
* Fixed a Gallimimus passenger unboarding issue.
* Fixed some servers displaying as BattlEye that weren't actually.
* French Translation v1! (Translated by Shadow, from arkfrancegaming.com , Myami and Abara)
* Fixed rain vfx not appearing on clients (Requires Server Update)
* Fixed rare localization issue that caused a server hang
* BattlEye protected servers are now indicated with an icon on the server list
* Made text labels 'overrun' rather than clip, better for displaying longer strings in translated languages.
* Updated master localization archive to have more strings! (multi line texts etc)
Unversion Hotfix: Added community Spanish translation Translation by Neizan, IsCariote Youtuber and his team! Also updated the "Localization Manager" to have a "Update Archives from Manifest" button which allows you to update the latest localization strings from "English" into your selected language archives!.
* BattlEye Anti-Cheat System!
BattlEye Notes: The new executable to properly play on Official Servers is ShooterGame\Binaries\ShooterGame_BE.exe, which we've updated the Steam Launch options to include (if you launch ShooterGame.exe directly, you will be redirected to ShooterGame_BE.exe if you connect to any Official Server running BattlEye). If you wish to run your Unofficial Server with BattlEye, you can do so with -BattlEye (however, only functions with Windows servers currently). Note that BattlEye is currently not ready for Mac or Linus, so we have temporarily disabled the capability of Mac/Linux clients to connect to BattlEye servers. We hope to have this resolved within the coming few days. Thank you for your patience!
* Added community German Translation, courtesy of Thomas Kowalzik - Owner of Arkforum.de! Thank you Thomas :)
Launch game with command argument:
(or use new Steam launch menu option)
* Fixed infinite-jumping players issue. Requires server restart.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a startup crash with localization.
* New Dino: Terror Bird
* New Weapon: Grappling Hook! (scale cliffs, grapple other players or small creatures to you and drag them around, this one is a game-changer :)
* Tribe Alliances (PvE and PvP). They are done! Yipeeeeeee!
* All current Items added to the Master Items ID array
* Fully Localizable Game Text (now you can crowd-source translation and dynamic fonts for any language without Modding/TC's! please help us translate :) )
* Coel are now different sizes (and give different amount of resources depending on the size... rare chance of super-large catch!)
* Allowed 'stuck' players to jump out of being stuck! :)
* Greenhouse structures Engram requirements are Stone structures now, enabling them to be learned on Primitive Servers
* Improved server performance with multi-threaded replication
* Fixed some Structures not appearing on clients after teleporting to new area
* Fixed networking issue with Linux Servers (sadly required Major Version change)
* Re-added the Beer Barrell and Industrial Cooking Pot Structures. Requires server and client update! Any servers that were launched with v233.0 will need to have these structures rebuilt!
* New Dino: Gallimimus with 3-Seater Passenger Saddle
* New Weapon: Electric Prod stunner weapon
* New Armor: SWAT-style Assault Armor tier
* New Structures: Greenhouse/Glass tileset with plant-growing benefits
* Initial Deep-Sea Loot Crates
* Improved savegame save-and-load times
* Added new special nametags and custom hat skins for: Wildcard Admin Team, Wildcard Non-Admin Team, Authorized External Testers, and Dev Kit Masters. Get yours by joining the crew!
Note: Metal Armor is now crafted at the Workbench, not the Fabricator. It will also be made available on Primitive Servers shortly.
Current Version: v232.8
* Fixed issue with invisible Dinos/Structures (caused by recent server optimizations), typically on <= 2 core machines. Also fixed a server startup crash. Server-side update required for affected servers.
* Fixed players stuck under map not being teleported back above the map
* Fixed spoiler timer for berries in beer-barrel not being increased
* Fixed beer brewing time to be 6 hours (was 12 hours, meant to be 6)
* Fixed beer barrel placement size
* Fixed Plant Species X Turrets on Rafts targeting through walls.
* Fixed case where Dung Beetle resource production could erroneously stop
* Fixed Beer disappearing in Barrels after server restart
* Increased Server performance ~20%
* Fixed dedicated server memory leak
* Dimetrodons (and Kairuku) now insulate Eggs!
* Enabled Animation & Garbage Collection Multi-threading on Dedicated Servers for significantly increased dedi server performance
* Fixed Dimetrodon Eggs creating Sarcos ;)
* Made Berries have a much longer spoiling time in Beer Barrels
* Made Beer Barrels not lose their stored items on server restart
* Set Beer Crafting time to its intended speed: 6 hours!
* Fixed Dimetrodons drowning in shallow swamp water
* Beer Barrel no longer requires Beer Barrel to learn ;)
* New Dino: Dung Beetle!
* New Dino: Dimetrodon!
* Beer Barrels. Beer. Hangovers.
* Garbage Collector performance improvements (less stalls)
* Fix for disappearing Quetz'
* Fixed a memory leak
* Fix for remaining issue involving falling off your Dinosaurs! (/ passing thru dinosaurs)
* Battle Tartar & Enduro Stew can no longer be stacked (one cancels the other). Battle Tartar damage buff reduced to +60%, Enduro Stew damage buff reduced to +35%.
* Large Storage Box HP increased to 2400 and number of item slots to 45. Smithy HP decreased to 1500.
View Older Archived Patchnotes Here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535151589891562062/